Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my first post, to go along with my first creation. Though I have been reading here for a while as a long time fan of Haloween. This is my attempt at a monument for my yard this year. She is made of PVC Pipe, Chicken wire, and an old choir robe from my church. Her hands were made with wires and bic pen casings. She has been covered in monstermud and many layers of dryloc. I am pretty happy with her. I was inspired by others monster mud reapers and this is my first ever halloween home made creation. Hoping some of you like it.
Statue Sculpture Monument Art Memorial

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks xrockonx911... I looked at alot of how to's and honestly expected it to turn out badly since it was my first. I was just as surprised after each step that it still looked good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Marvelous work!!!

I wish I had the storage space to 'go big' with a lot of props.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nice work. That came out great.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow wow WOW! You did a fantastic job! I'm so impressed with how you were able to get such a great drape with the choir robe. Did you cover the monster mud directly over the raw cloth? I would love to see a close up, especially the hands...and do you have any mid-construction pics? This looks really great. You should be proud.

·
Registered
666 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!! That's all that needs saying!!!! BTW..... AWESOME job!!!! And welcome!! You seem like you will do pretty good in here with the rest of us.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
That is going to look so cool in your Halloween display very nice work!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven't used Monster Mud on a piece this big. How much did it wind up weighing when you were finished? How long did it take the mud to dry on the fabric?
Such great work! I'm sure with the lantern lit on a dark night you'll have some people jumping :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys... I had some on my pics on my old phone that ended up being deleted... Plus I tend to be in to big of a hurry, and pictures of the process are an afterthought! oh well. I will try better at that part next time. I will see what I can do about getting some close ups. As far as the drape.... I put monster mud right to the cloth. I had to clump it on by hand though, and was picking it off my hands for a day or two. The robe just happened to fit the size of my pvc figure perfectly. I got the robe kind of last minute and it just happened to fit perfect. The draping was all about positioning before, during, and after the monster mud. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cant get the thing on a scale of course and I'm really bad at estimation lol... but it weighs pretty close to the weight of a slightly chubby 7 year old kid. I know... why would I know that!? :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't used Monster Mud on a piece this big. How much did it wind up weighing when you were finished? How long did it take the mud to dry on the fabric?
Such great work! I'm sure with the lantern lit on a dark night you'll have some people jumping :)
I think its about 50-65 lbs. I pick it up very awkwardly though to get it on the base. It took about 2 days for the mud to dry... the drylok helped seal it greatly though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts