Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here try playing with monster mud yet? It is very messy stuff, but gives great looking results. I just finished more work on my large cauldron tonight and got most of a 7 ft tall grim reaper finished.

The skull of my Reaper is from Spencer Gifts I got during an after Halloween sale. It is the same one Wal-mart sells only with a better paint job I think. I put rubber glow-in-the dark eyeballs in it. I cut a hole in the base and inserted a long PVC pipe in it.

The main body is a 30-gallon plastic trashcan flipped upside down and a plastic planter right side up. To make it taller still I added a chicken wire frame for its chest and shoulders and gave it PVC arms with coat hanger hands. The PVC pipe with the skull slides down through holes in the whole body. If all goes well it will disassemble into 2 pieces between the trashcan and planter for storage.

What does a grim reaper have to do with my Harry Potter theme you ask? When he is hooded I plan to make his face a bit hard to see. He will be playing the part of Voldemort this year.

<center>“by the Pricking of My Thumbs, Something Wicked This Way Comes.”</center>

·
Registered
695 Posts
I put together two static props (like your Reaper) with PVC and MM...also added a little to a couple of tombstones for a bit of texture. The stuff is messy, no doubt, but the effect is worth the mess. If you have the means and the time, I would like to see some pics of this prop of yours.

-fly

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. If all goes well I will finish both Friday and will upload pictures.

I think I may have my mini fog machine pump into it. I could fill the large planter section with ice. Chilled effect or not, it could be neat to have fog pour out of small cracks in the reapers body.

<center>“by the Pricking of My Thumbs, Something Wicked This Way Comes.”</center>

·
Registered
197 Posts
I posted a few pics in the photo gallery of our MM mummy and grim reaper. I love the stuff.

***Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.***

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nozoki,
I love that huge tree you have in your front yard...the leaves are beautiful. It'll take 60 years for the little sapling that I have in my front yard to get that big. Oh, BTW, I love the props too!

-fly

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, the house belongs to a friend. I live in the boondocks and we don't get any TOTs. My friend lives in town on a very busy street, so we set up there. But the leaves are awesome. Perfect fall colors for Halloween. Nature's own decorations.

***Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.***

1 - 7 of 7 Posts