Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do something different this year. Most monster mud props are gray, but the main ingredients in the mud, as well as Drylock can be white. My theme is clowns. Not carnival, or freak show, etc.... just clowns. :) I wanted to build a giant ground breaker as my yard focal point.

The build was much like any other monster mud projects. He is made of plastic container boxes, cardboard, and paper mache'. His clowning and hat are monster mud sheets. He stands 7 feet high, is about 12 feet across with 20 feet arms/hands. Simple build, but big pay off. Lots of positive feedback already! Now to start on our garage walk through!

I used a white "fire light" on the clown, but the rest of my facade is in led purple lighting.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A... MAZ... ZING!!!!! and huge..... omgosh its sooooooo HUGE!!!!.... and FABULOUS!!! and fabulously creepy..... you did a fantastic job!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Clowns have never bothered me, but for those who HATE clowns, I believe that you will be giving them NIGHTMARES! Great Work!

·
Registered
23 Posts
YES! I love Halloween clowns and I cannot approve this post enough. If there was a way to Like it ten times, I totally would.

LOVE. THIS. SO. MUCH.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think I'd have to cross the street if I was walking in your neighborhood. I would SOOOOO think one of those hands was going to grab me! Totally terrifying.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, everyone! No construction photos. It really is just stacked plastic storage containers and cardboard. I used about one and a half gallons of paint mixed with one tub of drywall compound. I used a full gallon of Drylock. Everything is upcycled, except the Drylock. I had the paint on hand and I will reuse the boxes. It cost under $50 to make the prop.

I have gone the big prop route a few years ago. My husband loves his yard, so I try to keep the grass destruction to a minimum. Plus we live on the side of a mountain and we get hurricane force winds. That is why we moved most of our decoration efforts to the garage walkthrough.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I HATE clowns, just have never trusted them, I mean who is really behind all that face paint????? That said if I were still a kid I would be skipping your house. You did a fantastic job on this prop.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Love it! I have done the clown thing a few times and had it so scary some kids didn't want to come in my yard. But I am doing them again next year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts