Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm done with my MIB except decorating the outside to look more "creepy". Here is the pictures with descriptions of mounts etc......

Metal plate I had in shop to use a wiper motor mount.....

Wiper motor mounted to bent plate and 2x4....

Other side of wiper motor with pvc arm connected....

Wiper motor installed....

Wiper motor installed with wires tie wrapped through wood and power strip installed.

Everything installed including speakers, Ipod holder I made and red bulb.

The finished working MIB video (insides) "MIB will be activated be a hacked sensor light fixture placed outside box"

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Great job. I tried using an old steamer trunk with the el cheapo motion sensor and electric drill rig. Worked great for about an hour until the drill burnt up. LOL

·
Registered
298 Posts
Awesome Job!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2nd try

Funny thing, the first attempt I did was use a drill with a tie strap on the trigger to control speed. I had welded a flat metal to an old phillip head bit to mount the pvc on. I did not realize those bits were cast iron. I installed the drill in the same way the wiper motor is now. I thought man this was simple. I turned on the drill and it was not fast enough to lift the lid. I tightened the trigger and gave it another run. The drill started turning too fast, the lid was flying up and down about 18 inches and then all of a sudden.............silence and the lid stayed closed. The bit I welded on broke in two and that was the end of that!!! hahaha Kinda funny, you had to be there. So I just ordered a wiper motor. Next year I may make a cam type thing to either open the lid randomly or make it rise slowly and then all of a sudden, slam shut. Thanks for the comments!

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
LOL that was my exact experience too on speed control!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using a hacked motion sensor light fixture from lowes. Buy one that has a test option. I got it set to about 13 seconds, then it turns off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks great. The drill is the same setup I tried a couple years ago that I just couldn't get to work correctly. I'm going to have to revisit this prop soon since I still have it set up just with no motor.

What rpm is your wiper motor and where did you get it? Also for sound are you just going to have the mp3 player continuously playing and have the speakers turn on and off with the power? Great work!

·
Registered
298 Posts
This question is out of complete ignorance. How do you set up your Ipod to play when the system is activated? Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ipod

No such thing as a stupid question!! Look at the last picture. Those speakers require 110v power to work. They are plugged in, turned on with volume all the way up. The ipod stays on the whole time with the monster growl mp3 set on loop so it play over and over. When the speakers get power, you here the ipod. I got the speakers at walmart for about 12 bucks........Scott

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 14 of 14 Posts