1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
The motor you have would be a little weak IMHO.Toetag makes a valid point and old drills can be used with a lite top like you have.Wiper motors(i used) work well also.

·
Banned
535 Posts
The drill i have is violent so be careful with the insulation lid. It will blow it to pieces. If you make a wooden lid i would say drill but if your keeping insulation lid wiper motor would be better choice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not realy going for it to open fast like the one in the link more like a head slowly lifting the top, so im going to go with a wiper motor. Anyone know where to get a cheap one?

·
Banned
535 Posts
Junk yard. You just have to bring your own tools to remove. Unless you know the fella that runs the yard well then he might take off for ya or let you use his tools. They usually dont let people use their tools b/c people never bring them back. Or you can just buy a new one from autoparts place but some of them are very pricey it just depends on the car. I had a totaled neon and i used the one from that and for giggles i looked up price and it was 98 bucks. The saturn motors though run about 20-25 bucks and those are the ones most prop builders use so.....What ever way is cheapest. Ask price at junk yard before you pull though sometimes their prices are WAY HIGH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts