Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What tutorial did you use to make this. This is exactly what I want to do to my coffin for next year.
No tutorial really. Just kinda used ideas from other monster in a box videos. It runs off a picaboo controller, and one 1 1/16" X 2" cylinder. This by far got the most scares of the night. Especially when people would be standing right in front of it taking pictures or just gawking at the display, then Bam! It had a 1 minute delay between triggers so it worked out well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No tutorial really. Just kinda used ideas from other monster in a box videos. It runs off a picaboo controller, and one 1 1/16" X 2" cylinder. This by far got the most scares of the night. Especially when people would be standing right in front of it taking pictures or just gawking at the display, then Bam! It had a 1 minute delay between triggers so it worked out well.
Hi skid_68! Love your Monster in a Coffin! Do you have a photo or description of how you mounted the pneumatic cylinder inside the coffin? Is it rigid mounted to the inside of the front opening edge of the coffin with a clevis attached to the lid? Or do you need a rear pivot mount too? I have my pallet coffin built (thank you to Terra for a great tutorial!) and now I'm trying to decide where and how to mount the cylinder. I'm going for the same type of movement that your coffin video shows. This is my first pneumatic prop build.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Really cool. Looks scary. I don't do too much scary stuff but I wouldn't mind seeing the inside setup. I do no pneumatics at all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That...is...SWEET!! Very well done skid!! I really like the movement of the lid. The smoke and light are just icing on the cake. :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I can't remember the specifics on how I mounted the cylinder. I'll go out to the shed and get pics today.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dave. :D

Here are a couple of pics. Looks like I just rigid mounted it to the side of the coffin, so nothing is hinged.
Monster in a coffin 001.jpg
Monster in a coffin 004.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts