Halloween Forum banner

Monster Hugs

978 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  GiggleingGhost 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Eric.

I'm a children's book author (no prizes for guessing what the subject of my 1st book is) so yes, admittedly that's what made me search for the forum in the first place. I'm not here to spam, though I do have some free stuff (like audio readings and book giveaways) which I hope it's okay to post because they should be of interest to people who like Halloween, but I'm also hear to participate and ask questions.

I'm dad to a little 3 year old boy so I have all the excuses I need to get more involved in Halloween :D

Cartoon Costume Costume accessory Illustration Fictional character

See less See more
#6 ·
"...suppose I just asked you two questions then..." started the goblin in his late welcome now, continuing "...firstly, if nobody bar yourself liked what you wrote would you still have the guts to write it anyway, and conversely my second question then, if everybody bar yourself liked what you wrote would you just fake it for them just to meet their approval now, I mean for that fame or for some financial gain perhaps...", but the goblin was standing on ceremony here, so instead he just drew a circle in the air with his finger to reveal a coffee set set hanging upon thin air it seemed, to which he quickly handed a cup to MonsterHugs before carefully pouring into it some of the finest filtered coffee going into it, saying "...milk or sugar then, I do believe that it is here somewhere, I mean this forum has most things now, but the readers are like a pack of wolves where one keeps an eye on them yes but only enough to not let them eat you up in their expectations, where if not, you won't reach old age without regretting that you never wrote what you really wanted to write, so now, think hard upon those two questions for your decision will show you who you are by what you write next...", and with that the goblin bade MonsterHugs hither, adding "...the forest of forumland is yours now, yes more readers here than most elsewhere it seems..."

#7 · (Edited)
MonsterHugs sipped his coffee in quiet contemplation (the sugar had done little to curb its acrid taste). After what seemed like an eternity he replied:

“If people didn't like the sound of your breath, would you stop breathing? If people loved the sound of your breath, would you breathe more quickly for their benefit? I will always opt to breathe, just as I will always write from my heart, for that is what keeps me alive. Yet the mere act of living has little worth if no one knows you exist. Therefore I would aim to breathe twice as much. In any given day I would breathe not only for myself, but for the approval of others. To the outsider I would appear to breathe at a normal rate - as every other breath would be silent, and so they may shout “Breathe faster MonsterHugs!” not knowing that I am already at full capacity, but it is never a bad thing to leave people wanting more; in fact it serves to make you more desirable. And if breathing twice as fast shortens my life, so be it; What matters is that I will get to live and be loved. I hope that answers your question.”

The goblin raised his eyes to the sky to ponder this reply, and as he did so MonsterHugs poured the remaining coffee in to a nearby bush. Ugh, Nescafe!

#9 ·
("...naah, the coffee is as black inn perhaps but its flavor differs from taster to taster..." replied the goblin hoping it would please though, and yet, the goblin still didn't quite know to whom he was addressing here, yes some human of sorts he imagined though few readers remembered humans on forums these days as they seemed all so alike now, and they wrote all alike too, and where just perhaps this monster then, or human if he so wished to pretend to be a human here instead, could extend the grounds of his book into the realm of his posts and beyond by way of his penmanship alone, whereupon the goblin kind of laughed at the absurdity of what he was suggesting now before musing "...writersbeat's goblin at you good service sir, where there are more readers reading posts across forumland today than there are most anywhere else now, why, because if there is a buzzword to all to this then perhaps it's short interactive content, and where your reply was a gem well worth taking to heart, yes perhaps it is how you should proceed here as they are reading you directly by this, more will come I promise, yet few writers have any experience of writing in post, yet you seem naturally apt at it...", as the goblin raised a cupped hard to his ear to listen in closely, after all the forum was in need of monsters)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.