Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here bought one of the new 3 axis skull elite's from Monster Guts? Im curious if they are that much better than their standard kits. I built a 3 axis skull out of the standard kit and I was pleased but if the elite kit is that much bettter I'd probably buy one. I wish Monster Guts would post a video showing how fluid the action is!http://www.monsterguts.com/store/product.php?productid=17873&cat=272&page=1

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I don't have one but I can tell you that the only advantage with a gear system is that it eliminates any "cross" movement between axis'. With any linkage 3-axis design there is always a bit of cross movement between the axis', usually not enough to really matter. As for fluid movement, that's really more dependant on the programming than the servo design. A typical linkage design can be very fluid if the programming is done correctly. Here is my version using linkage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply J-Man Yours looks great, what I noticed with the standard kit from Monster Guts is that rapid movement can cause the skull to shake or look a little erratic! By the way I need to order one of the new Macaw Kits from you!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Yeah, rapid movement can cause some bounce back, likely to occur even with the gear setup. I'm not a big fan of really fast head movement, I like the slower more fluid approach. I have the Squawker Talker boards ready to ship, just shoot me an email. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts