Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seriously been thinking about buying a 5lb tub of monster clay but I have several questions about it. First, if I make a plaster mold, what kind of release agent would be needed if any. Second, if I used a release agent, would it somehow affect the composition of the monster clay? I'm wanting to use paper clay instead of latex for the finished project so I really don't know if this idea is even feasible at all. Any help at all will be appreciated. :)

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
Sorry I can't offer advice, Lizzy.
I'm a WED clay guy.
I have been curious about Monster Clay, though, so I'm going to lurk on your thread and see what kind of answers you get.
WED clay is (relatively) cheap, so it's no big deal to use it once and chuck it.
Monster Clay is much more expensive, so there's got to be a lot on the other end of the scale to make it a good choice.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. :) I admit I'm really intrigued by it as I've never used anything but cheap modeling clay and that was never to sculpt anything out of. I guess I'm attracted by the fact that it can be heated and reused. Found a few youtube videos on it but internet is really slow today so I'll have to watch later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts