Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
What a fantastic theme idea! I applaud your creativity in breaking the norm for typical haunt themes; very well done!

(Also, I hate Monsanto too! Good job there!)

All around, very well-done haunt. :) You should be proud!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU! The loose story behind the haunt is that anti-GMO protesters raided the place and so it's been vandalized and turned into a kind of unsuccessful religous shrine. Humans and insects that live in the factory have eaten the plants, drank the juice, or "processed food products" and mutated. They have begun to crave the last bastion of truly organic matter - human flesh.

We had a lot of fun coming up with wine names like GMO Merlot, SHARDonnay (with the warning "May contain glass."). The label warnings were fun: "May contain grape.", "May contain nuts." and - my favorite: "Processed on equipment that also processes donkey meat into dog food." We thought about calling the wine "juice-based processed wine product made from genetically modified plant extract". And then warnings about poison control, direct sunlight, drinking while thinking about having a baby, male, or in anger management therapy. If you experience dissolving of the skin, please contact our customer service number in India for a 20% refund of your original purchase price. If you are not fully satisfied with this product, please contact us and let us know on our voicemail. *Puss-oozing skin lesions, "wrinkle bleed", runny bowels, foreign objects, flaming diarrhea, exploding erections, immaculate miscarriages, and dry-mouth do not constitute satisfaction and therefore do not qualify. Please see your local store for the lucid details."

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i LOVE the theme.

Please don't be offended but I couple thoughts crossed my mind. If you do it again, I would have corn stalks around and I'd have a scary scarecrow guarding a smal l 'field of killer corn'. Or maybe a TERRIFIED scarecrow guarding the Killer corn.

ANd I'd make a GMO lab and have one of the mutant monster plants killing it's creator.

I HATE Monsanto, too. I think your haunt is a SPECTACULAR vehicle for spreading the word about Monstersanto's evil deeds. Great job!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well done broski

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I absolutely love this haunt, both theme and execution. The details are terrific. All it needs is more, More, MORE please! I think it's terrific as it stands, but I agree some creepy mutant corn would be great. Also maybe an executive suite or vault with all the money?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts