Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made one of these years ago with carpet glue and batting. Did the same for the body this time but decided to sculpt the face in epoxie. These are pics about 3/4 done, I did more today but didn't have the camera. I'd love to hear your input. I use epoxie daily as a filler but this is my first sculpt with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its now nearing compleation here are the updated pics.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I am impressed! How much epoxie putty did you end up using and if you don't mind, what brand? That prop rocks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks amazing. Makes me want to try sculpting with epoxie. Along with Dr. Mobius, I'd like to know the brand and where to get it. Is it expensive? How long can you work it before it hardens?
Again, great job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Epoxie sculpt. I get it from van dykes. Its made for school kids non tokix and you can work it with water. Its pretty cheap but ive been condimed here for suggesting stuff thats out of most peoples price range. I get the two quarts, probley used a 1/4 or less on this. the trick is to get the solvent and wet ur hands anytime you work with the stuff. Cut ur wrinkles just like sculpting with wed(water clay). Smooth with brush like wed only with the solvent. sets in about 6-8 houirs but I work new layers in 1/2 hr or so and you can paint it before it sets up. Hell you can drill it, tap it, what ever. If you havent tried it you should.... although its different and if you like water clay you might wanna try the epoxie clay. But both are the same... keep your hands wet and have fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A couple of pics of the final.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts