Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
Heck, I can't spell it either. ;)

let's see...where did I put those...

"Glove" Mold Making 101 - Halloween Forum (thread starts with small skulls, but goes into full size later)

Static: Me Crystal Skulls - Page 3 - Halloween Forum

These might not be the best idea for FOAM skulls, though. It SHOULD work, if you use a good silicone conditioner (available in Michaels), and a mother mold (see second link). I'ld highly reccomend a 2 piece plaster mother mold for such a project. (or, if you're willing to spend (a lot) more money, a silicone mold would be ideal)

As for what foam...well, AB foam would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What skull are you using? Is it a full skull or partial? Do you have a photo that you can post? If so, I'll try to walk you through the process. Definitely silicone mold with a mother mold is the way to go. Depending on how many skulls your needing, you might just want to purchase some. The cost of foam, silicone and misc materials can add up (plus there's a learning curve so you might have some material waste in the beginning). Just depends on how many your gonna need.

Regards,

Steve Orihood

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I tried the paper machie route which was cheap enough but took a LONG time to make one.....I don't have a budget (laid off) so I thought about making a mold to try the paper machie paste (paper,water,flour in blender) and pour that in a mold....Not sure how that would work or if it would even stick together....ZR
Oh, it will stick together once dry. If it were me, I'ld make a plaster 2 piece mold (a lot cheaper to possibly ruin a plaster mold than a latex/silicone one) to pour that into. Just coat with vaseline to keep that mache from sticking to the sides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts