Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mask Support Help Requested

So this is what my husband picked for this year, which is cool but needs a bit of help.

adult-minotaurus-costume.jpg

I can finagle most anything. Which is good because everything about this needs adjusting. The shoulder piece is HUGE and will need to be taken in. There is no fur around the chest so I have ordered some. It came in and doesn't match exactly so I will be using several bottles of colored hair spray to try to mottle the shoulder fur and the chest fur so they look enough alike.

But mostly what I am perplexed by is the mask. It is huge which is great. The eye holes are actually in the helmet. But the rest of the face just hangs there. I need to be able to stuff it so that it holds its shape, because it is just too big and heavy to stay upright.

Thoughts? Ideas?

IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg
IMG_0998.jpg

·
Registered
963 Posts
That's some floppy mask they sold you! I would probably make a cross-support out of medium-thick aluminum armature wire and hot glue it in place, going all the way across the horns on the inside. I would make sure to wrap any wire ends in tape and fabric to make them safer, but gluing them in place will keep them from moving around. Aluminum armature wire will also allow some poseability. Just doing that would help keep that mask less floppy.

If more support is needed inside the mask I would take some upholstery foam and glue pieces of that inside the mask with quick-stick or some similar spray rubber adhesive. I am assuming this mask is latex and not vinyl. Vinyl is oily and difficult to glue things to.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, It is a really large mask, and heavy.

so either armature wire,
active-wire mesh,
great stuff,
packing tape and gorilla glue...

I guess I am going to be experimenting tomorrow night!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts