Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen adverts and heard talk about MinionsWeb on this forum many times but today I thought I'd place my first on-line order and firefox popped up a warning the site in untrusted as their security certificate (?) expired 9-2-09. I tried to e-mail them and the e-mail came back as their box is full. Anyone knows what is going on or if it's anything to worry about?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Minion's Web UPDATE

Hey guys, I placed an order with Minion's web last week and hadn't heard anything so I wrote to Corey and got the same response that the mailbox is full. I then called and left him a message last night. He sent me an email today and let me know he's been having some personal issues and that he will be up and running again over the weekend and my order will be shipped Monday. I've heard nothing but good things about Corey and Minion's web. I ordered from there last year as well and had a great transaction. I would just give him a day or two to play catch up and I'm sure he'll be more then happy to help you out!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Give me more than 2 days!

Yes were slammed this time of year.
I have had a case of gout that had me on bedrest for over 2 weeks, and a helper who at the absolute wrong time, has major family issues.

We were at 24-48 hours turn around before the gout...figures.

Of course we averaged 10 orders a day when things were at a stand-still here.

I started working again this past Tuesday, and a friend is helping out who I have to teach how things work as I go. (he is really really slow, and for a guy who sat a a desk on the computer for 17 years, I am stunned at how little he knows about hot keys short cuts etc.) in 3 days, he pulled and packed a total of 8 orders....yeah slow, I do that in 60-90 minutes when everything is on order. Which brings me to the next ....speedbump.

One of the things I have discovered is that my assistant, Amber, has completely unraveled how I had thing organized for order tracking and shipping....AAAAAAAAAGGHH!!!!!

I spent 2 days just finding everything, and getting the order sheets in order.

So, we are behind a lot of orders, Eric is slow, Amber may be back this week, I am back into production mode since soooo much has been ordered.

Give me a few days more to catch up.

Also been putting out delivery fires, ie, the LED bulbs, are currently in Cali, but the forwarder scheduled train delivery without consulting me. It could be weeks or months before a train leaves the port for cleveland with a full boxcar. The wife and I are working fervently to fix the arrangements via the China forwarder and have the bulbs in via truck the 11th-14th. They are already 5 weeks late, so it really has my hackles up.

The security certificate has been a thorn in my ass since Wednesday.
I have been trying to get lunarpages to renew since then, but they think labor day started last week and the weekend should be 6 days.

It seems to be dealt with now, but it is not quite the way it is supposed to be, they screwed up where the SSL maps to. There are still minor flags showing.

For all who complained to Lunarpages on our behalf, thank you.

About the mailbox being full, I archive all emails so there is always a record.
I did not realize the mailbox limits had been met (40 meg) so it has been set to unlimited. That should resolve that.

As always, if you need to get in touch, email is always fastest, but you can always call us too. I try to respond to all calls and emails within 24 hours.

Have a great weekend for me, I will be in the shop.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes.

It is just very frustrating to have this sort of thing occur NOW.
Seems when things are smooth, it is just great, an occassional hiccup now and then.
Having the defecation impact the rotating oscillator 2 months before halloween and 45 days before we end shipping for the season...ouch.

Right now, I seem to have the perfect storm brewing in my business.

Of course this happens at a time when I finally have my wife agreeing Minions Web is turning corner and it should become my only job.

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
I've bought from Corey @ Minionsweb several times in the past (mostly LED floods/spots) and I've never been disappointed. The LED lighting Corey sells is awesome!

I have a pending show item preorder that's been out there a while, but seeing how slammed Corey is, I'm good waiting a bit longer. I have faith :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am catching up.
We are almost caught up!!!

Gout is pretty much gone.
Amber is ABSOLUTELY GONE.
She sure screwed me over.

My friend is here helping but I am still seeking shipping help.
He (friend) should be back on production - he is really slow at packaging and order processing.
Problem is I have to have someone trustworthy handling credit cards & reciepts, and that is a hinderance.

Jasmine (wife) has offered to handle all payment processing. It just means I have to be sure the next days orders are ready, since that cannot be done until 10 pm after the baby has been put to bed.

BTW, Bulbs arrive Thursday.
I finally have a pro-bill number and the freight co has contacted me.
They are my preferred carriers and I have a good relation with them.

I have 3 more bodies (Frat brothers kids) to do labeling, packing, shipping out the bulb orders, so we should have them moving out quickly.

A number of the colors and sizes are already sold out, if you think you want any, jump on it now.
Once they arrive they sell out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Minions Web

... a warning to all the folks on this board...

April 29, 2009: Ordered bulbs ($165.58)

June 30, 2009: Requested info on when bulbs would ship

June 30, 2009: Corey stated he had everything except IR bulbs - he expected inventory arrival in late July - asked if I wanted partial shipment - I declinded - ship whole order

August 17, 2009: I requested an update -
August 17, 2009: Corey - we have delays with assembly - should enter port in next 10 days (Aug 17, 2009)

Sept 9, 2009: Request shipment or refund within 3 business days -

Sept 9, 2009: Corey wrote back "The bulbs are being held hostage in Long Beach Ca since the 2nd" Actually, Corey wrote a whole sad story.

So, I felt bad for him...so I gave him another shot - send what you do have in stock, and refund the rest. Corey shipped out what he had (4 color 18 led bulbs), and sent an email on Sept 11th, showing a refund via Paypal for the rest ($117.57)

Oct 8, 2009: I'm sorry I bothered to give him a second/third chance - or even the first chance. Corey - I called Paypal today after getting my credit card bill (with no refund on it) - PayPal has no record of the transaction number that Corey sent to me for my refund.

Corey may be wondering why I'm posting this after all this time, all the waiting, all the emails ... I read through this thread, thought maybe it's just me... but it wasn't me, Corey. it's you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
... a warning to all the folks on this board...

April 29, 2009: Ordered bulbs ($165.58)
YOU ORDERED DURING THE PRE-ORDER PERIOD, AT A MAJOR DISCOUNT, FOR BULB ORDERS THAT WERE NOT EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED UNTIL NEAR THE END OF JULY - BEST CASE SCENARIO.

June 30, 2009: Requested info on when bulbs would ship
See above.

June 30, 2009: Corey stated he had everything except IR bulbs - he expected inventory arrival in late July - asked if I wanted partial shipment - I declinded - ship whole order
Yeah, I wasnt trying to help him get something together, because I am evil.

August 17, 2009: I requested an update -
August 17, 2009: Corey - we have delays with assembly - should enter port in next 10 days (Aug 17, 2009)
And it arrived in port 9/2, since I control the weather and the current on the ocean, I purposely delayed it just to make Tom pissy.

9/3 My agent in China did not specify truck shipment to cleveland, rather train. At best the train would leave for cleveland 9/18, arriving no less that 11 days later. I spent next 6 business days arranging release thru customs, and truck freight to cleveland at an additional $1000 cost.

9/17 bulbs arrive here, with them needing to be sorted labeled and packed into 147 orders placed. With 4 temp workers this work was done completing 9/28 - Last of bulbs are labeled and packaging shipping had begun

Sept 9, 2009: Request shipment or refund within 3 business days -
Sept 9, 2009: Corey wrote back "The bulbs are being held hostage in Long Beach Ca since the 2nd" Actually, Corey wrote a whole sad story.
Yes sad story, with violins and very sad organ music, and weeping virgins.

So, I felt bad for him...so I gave him another shot - send what you do have in stock, and refund the rest. Corey shipped out what he had (4 color 18 led bulbs), and sent an email on Sept 11th, showing a refund via Paypal for the rest ($117.57)
Ahhh, an email, but no notice from paypal, right?
This should have been a red flag for you.
With our sales up 100% from a year ago, the sheer volume of orders, phone calls from everyone who does not know what they need, from those who need guidance, or want to do the order over the phone,
the paperwork and phone calls involved supplying our vendors, screaming at VEI nearly daily to get our merchandise orderd in May here dealing with NEW hires who do not know ANYTHING about our operations, is it concievable I was pulled away from sending out 1 paypal partial refund????

Oct 8, 2009: I'm sorry I bothered to give him a second/third chance - or even the first chance. Corey - I called Paypal today after getting my credit card bill (with no refund on it) - PayPal has no record of the transaction number that Corey sent to me for my refund.
You moan over a few bulbs - I have 13k in foggers and lighting ordered from VEI which I still am waiting on arriving here. Lets not go on about the 15k in LED bulbs I had made and now have delivered almost every past order.

I get to work 18 hour days right now, and your partial refund has been dealt with.
Seeing as now I have been made aware it hadnt been complete a month ago.

Did you post anything about it being dealt with????

NO

Corey may be wondering why I'm posting this after all this time, all the waiting, all the emails ... I read through this thread, thought maybe it's just me... but it wasn't me, Corey. it's you.

Awww, you have a heart of gold. Not.
Nice paraphrasing - in the future, post entire correspondence to remind you of some pertinent details you neglect to add to your "scathing" review.

Would you like me to post every last correspondence between us in its entirity???

Maybe, just maybe, instead of pissing and moaning about this lack of refund - after a month
without any word from you - after the first 2-3 days, you could have sent a reminder email or phone call telling me you haven't received the refund yet.

I would have gotten right on it.

That this could have been finished with the simple note or call, you instead dragged it out, and waited in brooding silence.
I suspect you like the drama.

That we are slammed, that just perhaps, that refund and the paperwork I have to do on this end, could have slipped thru the cracks never ever crossed your mind?

Thanks, I am glad the time wasted on my replying to your public complaint will delay 3-6 more orders being dealt with today.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts