Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my MW-1 and tried it for about 3 mins, then realized I should seek some advice on how to use it best. I shot mostly globs and splatters.

What PSI do you use? I have a big 240 volt compressor, plenty of air power if I need it.

Do I need to adjust the nozzle at all? It seemed that the airstream (about 40psi) was just making a big blob at the top of the gun tip, and no glue was really falling into the stream unless I really squeezed a bunch out. Then it just blew blobs.

I bought Minions UV reactive sticks. The gun had had about 10 mins to heat up, although without a glue stick fed in. Maybe the glue coming out wasn't hot enough?

I want to do some light indoor webbing, how best to shoot webs close up? Do I turn down the pressure for closer work?

I just don't want to blow through $35 worth of glue figuring this out. I looked at Corey's site but didn't see much in the way of instructions for use...

TIA

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Most people just turn on the air at 35psi or more & start squeezing the trigger, this will cool what ever glue you heated up & cause globbing. Get the gun hot, squeeze a little on the glue stick & as it starts to drip out, turn on the air at the glue gun lightly, you want the glue to thread out & let the air carry it. turn the air up a little at a time ( pending the distance your trying to shoot it at), as the air carries the glue,squeeze a little again & just let the air pull the glue out. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Occasionally you may need to wipe the tip if glue collects, as this will attract more glue & cause glob & drips. & don't squeeze the trigger a lot at a time, just a little as you start to loose the thread.... hope that helps a little. I have the MW-CCL & love it !

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a homemade one, but it's based roughly on the same design (although yours is a ton Bette than mine). I was surprised at how little air pressure it needs to shoot webs. Try turning the pressure down and then up a little at a time until it streams webs. I can't tell you what pressure I use mine at because I put a ball valve on the webber and control the pressure with that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Played around with it a bit tonight, and tried Dark Lord's suggestion. Seems like you have to take your time and get a "string" out in the stream, then feed it. Once I got it going I could adjust the air with the valve on the gun and adjust the "throw".

I was a little disappointed by the UV reactive glue though. I brought a black light out to the shop and held it close to the webs I shot and I could not see them at all. I did see a few glue blobs on the floor show up though. Maybe there just is not enough material in a thin strand to react to the light? Any one else experience this??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts