Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we were very busy at the house (Ravens Grin Inn) So morning came too early for me to get my planned display items situated for use in the Jeep at a parade 18 miles away, and besides that there was only rain and more rain in the forecast. I was going to fold down the convertible roof for the parade but the idea of wrestling with the top in a sudden down pour with a mannequin and a Were Wolf in the Jeep in my way, just didn't sound very "smart'.
I knew I had made a mistake in judgement half way to the parade as the day became "perfect" weather -wise.
As the parade began and I drove from the parade marshaling area.. in that 20 feet of road I decided to try a goofy, quick Idea that had just found me.
I had brought along an umbrella (that"Rain"-Thing) I opened the umbrella and stuck it out of the Jeep above my head.
I merely drove a couple of feet in the parade when the first person along the road began laughing out loud at my silliness!
Yes,I had the Jeep's top down AND then an umbrella right above my head.
Many people didn't "Get IT", but I had a very real feeling that those who did "Get IT" was where my customer base is located (mentally)

Then some "Mystery Woman" along the parade route looked at me and said:"I didn't think that you would still be around ,after that Black pick-up truck!"
I have never owned a black truck,not wrecked someone else's truck, Black or any color.??

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..and then, tonight. We had a family return here after 10Years? Their smallest child was still in Mommie's belly,10 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts