Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted to make a pumpkinrot sentinel for awhile but never got around to it. I had a few of those foam pumpkins from the Dollar Tree and decided to try my hand at a scaled down version. I think it'll be about 4 feet tall when finished. Here is that start, its head. I tried for a bit of a rotten look and painted the inside of it yellow.

DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

I have it's body outside drying and will get around to posting pictures of that tomorrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great idea! I am attempting to make my first batch of paper mache pumpkins and I've been working on them for over a month. At this rate, I really need some fill-ins that I can knock out quickly and this might be the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had mixed results with making my own pumpkins, if it wasn't for the orange paint some of them couldn't even be called pumpkins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a tip, the hands from the Dollar Tree can be heated with a heat gun and you can change them around a bit. So you don't have to cut them up. They're more stable this way.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried that before but I didn't like the results, this gave me a bit more control on how the fingers were positioned. I've removed the pumpkin head it has and I'm going to get a larger one to use, it just looked silly with the small one.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are a few more pictures, you can see my dog howling in the background, guess he can't wait for Halloween either.

DSCN1611.jpg

DSCN1613.jpg

DSCN1614.jpg

At night with a tea candle in its head and another in its lantern it is perfect for greeting people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts