Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a real struggle finding the time to set up this year. All these great plans in May are now becoming a source of stress as Halloween rushes towards me.

This is what I hope to have set up by Halloween.

Here are some pics of what the front yard looks like last night!!

Below: This is a pic from the end of the driveway. You can see the "big" tower and some of the apothecary facade in front of the garage. The car is parked in front of the cider hut. I have the fence up, but not all of the lighting is out yet. (or all the skeletons, tombstones, etc.)

Below: Another pic from the end of the drivway. In this pic you can see a bit more of the apothecary tower. Also in that corner is the Slaughtered Lamb.

Below: My vine pumpkin scarecrow.

Below: Another shot of the pumpkin scarecrow without the flash.

Below: The beginnings of my graveyard. I still have a few more tombstones to put out (currently painting them) and I have some small iron fencing to put out around a few plots. I also need to put the boardwalk together, which is something I hope to do this afternoon.

Below: The big tower and the front of the house, as it currently looks. I still need to put more skeletons on the roof and get the lighting right. If I had the time and knowledge, I would put two bluckies in the big tower and run them on a wiper motor.

Below: The apothecary tower is still my favorite. It was the first tower facade I built, but this year it sports a brand new tower roof and all new window sills and trim.

Below: In the corner of the driveway, I have started putting up the facade for the Slaughtered Lamb. I'm really happy with it so far, but I still need to finish carving and painting both sides of the pub sign.

Below: Another pic of the apothecary tower with a bit more of the Slaughtered Lamb visable. The last week of October, my wife and I will clean up the garage and set of the apothecary. It's shelves and tables full of fun jars and nick-nacks. It works great when the garage doors are open. People can look through the big windows and a "witch" can work in the garage talking and cackling to ToTs.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Wow that is a lot to undertake. Very impressive. The lighting is great. The TOT's are going to have a grand time at your house this year!!! :D

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Oh, I've been waiting to see how yours is turning out. I love, love, love the pumpkin scarecrow. Everything is really turning out great. By the way, what's the skid marks on the driveway for?

·
Registered
184 Posts
WOW tk that is just awesome ,really its amazing . hope my turns out half as good as yours.all your hard work definitely has paid off. good job.

·
Registered
212 Posts
all I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWW. I wished you lived in my neighbrohood, beautiful job on everything, especially love the pumpkin patch

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's incredible, love the pumpkin patch!! I might have to swing by as I'm in nearby Snohomish and my daughter and I would love to see your setup! :)

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I've been waiting to see how yours is turning out. I love, love, love the pumpkin scarecrow. Everything is really turning out great. By the way, what's the skid marks on the driveway for?
First, thanks for the corrected title!

Second, the "skid marks" are the outlines for a cobblestone pathway I am painting over the driveway. I just did the outline yesterday and I'm hoping to start filling in the path this afternoon.

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great stuff. Where the heck you storing it all?
Excellent question. I'll be storing a lot of things in my shed and under the back porch. I have a dozen halloween bins that store up in the attic with the skeletons, and I will keep some other stuff in the garage.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
That looks great.

Really makes you wish you had someone do a setup like that in your neighborhood so you can enjoy it as much as everyone enjoys what you do without all the hard work.

F

·
0 Posts
OMG I love it!

You have a great haunt! I love it. Are your pumpkins real?

Outstanding!

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG I love it!

You have a great haunt! I love it. Are your pumpkins real?

Outstanding!
I did grow 8 or 9 smallish pumpkins in my patch this year. All the vines and leaves you see are real. The light up pumpkins are all Target pumpkins I have collected over the years. We will be carving up our real pumpkins in another week or so.

Mmmmm . . . I can already smell the baked pumpkin seeds!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
your designs have been on my mind for a while and I was wondering if you were going to let us know how you were doing...now I see why it's been a while! You've been so busy!

and the results are amazing! You are very talented and you have such a lucky family and neighborhood!

Good luck with the rest of the set up! and keep the updates coming!

·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Your house looks amazing! Now you have me trying to convince myself that I have enough time to make a pumpkin scarecrow.
The pumpkin scarecrow took me an afternoon to build. I spent in hour in the woods near my house collecting various branches for the main body and limbs, and then cut a whole bunch of fresh branches I could bend as the ribs.

After collecting all the materials, I just put it together with screws and hot glue.

Here's a link to the construction: Attempting to build a Pumpkinrot style scarecrow

Actually, I should clarify. It took me a day to build the body. It too me another day to carve and paint the big Michaels pumpkin head.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts