Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to see your thoughts on these two HCs. I'm contemplating going to one of the two. Just a little background, I live in Omaha, NE. Midwest is in Cincinnati in June, National is in St Louis in March. Basically I want to hear your thoughts on the two, pros cons and everything in between. If you've been to both please compare. Just one additional nugget I'm going to throw out there, Im a baseball fan and the Reds are in Cinci the same weekend as MHC. Ok GO!

·
Registered
285 Posts
You are a tad confused.
mhc is in columbus in june designed for all elements of the haunt market and the last chance of the season to get some steals on some killer items.
nhc is in april, in kimn of prussia pa and is a similar style show, lots of education, a wide variety of vendors, and entertainment.
transworld is in march in st louis and is an industry show..
this is a big ticket show with a number of niche vendors as well.
you usually need credentials to register.
there is also hauntcon usually in april but I forget the locale this year as the show travels
and there are events such as horrorfind, rue morgue, glff and others.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cool, mistakes happen...
As far as MHC and TW go, both good shows.
MHC is more regional, tho more and more national vendors attend.
It is more educations, socializing and hunting for that one item you really want at a great price show.

TW is the show off your new stuff show for the vendors around the country and the world.
It is the big leagues show.
This one requires you meet admittance guidelines and pre-registration.
You order here and expect merchandise anywhere from within weeks to by October, depending on the merchant, their load, the ones who produce product elsewhere and global production issues that may impact delivery.
This show often has new comers with new product lines coming into the market to test the waters as well.
Buyers will come from all over the world for this show, especiallly for amusement parks theme parks and other venues that must plan months if not years in advance.

BTW Reds will not be playing in Columbus, and it is a 2 hour drive to Cinci.
TW is too early to see St Louis play.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that's almost exactly what I was looking for when I made this thread. Not just somebody saying both are cool. Ya I know the reds are in cinci, I already mapped it out lol it's on my way home. Midwest was probably my early favorite going in but I think you made my mind up for me. Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Awesome, I live in Columbus! How have I not heard of this before. I need to mark my calendar now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say something here, but Corey said it all.

We go to both every year. We always have the most fun at MidWest, it's closest to us, and the cheapest by far ($5 for trade show floor this year). The Ball is always a good time too. But Transworld (creds needed as well as $50 this year) is the place to go for all the big stuff, and lets face it, we have fun here too. It's all about the networking really.

At least hit midwest, there is no reason not to go to that one at least.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya thats kinda what Ive been thinking. Columbus is like 12 hours away fro me but who doesnt love a good road trip?! To me it seems almost like Transworld is a lot more serious, more business to be taken care of so to speak. Midwest seems to me like the party convention. Looks like that Con targets the actor and home haunters more, so there is a lot of classes and make n take projects here. So I am fairly confident I will be seeing everybody there. As we get closer do they set up get togethers with the people on the forum? Always nice to put names and faces to net handles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts