Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of us, I miss Halloween all year long. It's the only holiday I really identify with. And recently, I've been trying to justify throwing a Halloween party in the middle of another season - maybe in the spring, maybe in summer.

Have other people tried this? I'm tempted to make a banner - HAPPY MIDSUMMER'S HALLOWEEN - and put it in my window during the summer. Clearly, I'm experiencing spooky withdrawal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did a Halloween in July party one year, I only ended up with about 5 guests because most people are on vacation or doing things out of town so for me it wasn't worth it. I get a much better turn out in October but the weather always sucks.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I usually put on a theme party in summer. It brushes shoulders with Halloween without actually being a Halloween party. This past year it was a Medieval party, so (real) Gothic elements were perfectly apropos. There was a little "dungeon" area with skeletons chained to the wall, rats, torches, and so on-- as well as more light-hearted feasting and competitions.
I'm planning a pirate party for next summer. "Pirate" is a common Halloween theme, but certainly not exclusive to Halloween. It gives me the opportunity to throw in a little bit of creepy without friends and neighbors figuring I'm obsessing ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reminds me of that Nickelodeon show iCarly - they had a "Half-o-ween" party half way through the year. :D

Maybe you could find that episode for some ideas?

And I think it's a good idea and would love to come to a Midsummer's Halloween or Half-o-ween party!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts