Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, Paint It Black and I just got back Sunday from the convention. Had a great time, over 200 vendors, Elvira and Captain Spaulding were there(among many others), the Hall of Shadows mini haunt section, classes, screenings.

I did have a fangirl moment, when I spotted Mr. Chicken, yes OUR Mr. Chicken, Jasper. He was so sweet, recognized our Forum names
right off the bat, gave us hugs.

Thought I would post a few pics here~

20476434_1453481721401405_3643096221578599306_n.jpg Mr. Chicken & me.
DSCN1607.jpg my unofficial official photo
20479750_1454535927962651_5485305347358446128_n.jpg costume ball actor
20375991_1454536531295924_4745934082129603636_n (1).jpg ball attendees
20376000_1454541311295446_5710992116409647322_n (1).jpg one of the props at the con
DSCN1569.jpg lifesized prop

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am going to revive this thread as we are quickly approaching the 2018 Midsummer Scream Halloween Convention-Long Beach, CA and there have been some interesting guests and panels just announced:

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira)
Kimberly Brown (Halloweentown)
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary panel with David Kirschner & **** Garris (writers) Tony Gardner (Makup & Effects) John Debney (Composer) and Thora Birch ("Dani")

https://midsummerscream.org/2018-panels-presentations-2/

Anyone else attending this two-day event?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will be attending again this year but we are unfortunately only going to be there Saturday this year. Looking forward to it though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got back. There was some amazingly talented vendors there. All around a great event. They might outgrow that space real soon.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Thanks, but I did not have a good experience. There was no parking and it took me over 1 1/2 hours to find a parking space (and I am from LA and have never had such an experience), and then over another hour in line to get inside.

I was expecting much more.....lots of booths selling masks, makeup, t-shirts, DVDs, and junk, but very few selling items related to building and designing your own Halloween experience (lights, projectors, etc.). The hall of Shadows was great, but the lines were extremely long, it was too hot, and you had to pay extra for many of them.

I didn't see much you couldn't buy on Amazon or at a Spirit Halloween store. I was expecting much more related to Halloween Experiences, and less on creating your own costume.

Also, I couldn't get into the 2 sessions I tried to attend due to overcrowding. I would say this 'convention' has already outgrown its' space. For me it was not worth the time or $$$. My take is Halloween lovers like it, b/c you can get a taste of Halloween and check out several Halloween experiences early, and all under one roof.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was warned to show early so parking and exhibit hall traffic wasn’t bad. It’s definitly not for home haunters but the Halloween spirit was there and there are some very talented mask and costume makers there too.

·
Registered
942 Posts
My friend sweetmidnight was there vending

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just got back. There was some amazingly talented vendors there. All around a great event. They might outgrow that space real soon.
I totally agree! I had a spooky great time! The vendors are so talented and I have to say that, late into Day 2, a lot of merchandise was sold.

I go down for the weekend and stay in a local hotel. I make it a Halloween Holiday weekend! It is a great break! Also, compared to San Diego Comic Con (I love attending that, too), this is a much for manageable event.

Can't wait until next year!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Midsummer Scream 2018 had a fantastic Hocus Pocus panel with writer/producer,David Kirschner, screenwriter **** Garris, Thora "Dani" Birch and composer John Debney. The panel was presented to a capacity crowd in the main ballroom and the attendees were delighted when a Sanderson Sisters musical act opened with "I Put A Spell on You."

There were some great stories and insight to this Halloween favourite film. It was a great panel and one not-to-be-missed!

The wonderful people at Inside The Magic posted the entire panel on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qivpSZ7ksfk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts