Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a YouTube channel that is separate from my personal one called Midnight Monster. It's a partnership between myself and my friend Thad. Basically it's us making short movies. We have 3 so far and have more in various stages of development. Everything we do is out of our own pockets, equipment, make up, props, etc. The stuff we do is going to be somewhere in the horror realm. It's just something we're doing for fun and want to put the stuff out there for people to see. If you have a few minutes, please check it out and if you like what you see, subscribe. The biggest obstacle is just getting the stuff out there so if I can rely on my Halloweenforum family to help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the time. Eric

Here's the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLXamnmXkoThmC1NykiEZLA

·
Registered
719 Posts
I watched about 5 seconds of "A Good Night" and can already tell I'm gonna like these ;) Good on you guys for doing what you love. I think it's super cool you make short films, as it's something I'd like to get into one day.

Subscribed!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice work! I thought "Woman in the Woods" would be a great trailer to a movie I would like to see.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work! I thought "Woman in the Woods" would be a great trailer to a movie I would like to see.

Thanks. Yeah, we keep getting asked if we are going to do more with the witch character. Maybe, in the future.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! I love finding new things to watch on Youtube. :)

Keep up the excellent work!!

Reactions: Shadowbat

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just finished 2 scripts. One is a follow up to the independent film we both worked on a couple years ago, the other is a werewolf story. We now have 3 scripts ready to go. One isn't planned to shoot until Summer, another we need actors and a location for, the follow up story is actually going to be shooting here shortly.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We entered the Cleveland 48 Hour Film Project last week. For those who don't know what it is, select cities across the US have these competitions. Each team does a blind drawing for what genre they will be doing. They are then given 3 things that must be included in their film. You then have 48 hours to come up with a story, write the script, film, edit, and score it. Oh, and it can't be longer than 7 minutes. This was our first time doing this and it was stressful, but fun. We drew the Detective/Cop genre, but we put our Midnight Monster spin on it. The 3 elements were a character, Dan Robbins, Contractor; a prop, a pizza pan; and a line of dialogue, "I only love my job when I'm on vacation."

This is what we came up with:

We will have to wait a couple more weeks to find out the winners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts