Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surfing the tube tonight, and on channel RTV (Retro TV on Brighthouse cable) - there is a show called Midnight Monster Hop and it has two spooky looking hosts narrating old scary movies a la Elvira style...I thought it was an older show, but found it's website and it said episodes ran from 2006 - 2008 up in Pittsburgh...it's a weekly show if you have this channel...it's totally Halloween! It reminded me of being a kid and watching the old creature feature type shows....but since it's so recent - are there shows like this on air now where you live?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Growing up I had all of 3 channels. At midnight on Saturday's we would get some show with a guy called Freaky Freddy out of Fargo. He was a fairly corney host but it was always fun. I remember watching movies from Night of the Living Dead to Killer Klowns from Outerspace.

Anyhow, your show sounds great! Wish I had something like that! I believe there is a channel you can get on satelite that is solely focused on horror.

Update: Scratch that, the name was Mad Frank:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
In Chicago we had Svengoolie in the late 60's. He was one of the local radio DJ's and he had striped pants and green hair. He'd always show old horror movies. There's still a Svengoolie there in Chicago on one of the local channels. One of our members here at HF let me know about him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts