Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We attended Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland on Friday. Just thought I'd share some pictures.

12081391_10208004931307492_1695841090_n.jpg
Queen of Spades and me in a Halloween finery. I was Indy and she went as Ms. Frizzle. It was really hot, and Disneyland is ,well, Disneyland, so costumes have to be cool and comfortable to wear.

IMG_2825 copy.jpg
It's a Small World got awesome new image projection.

IMG_2841 copy.jpg
So did Main Street

IMG_2967 copy.jpg
New projections on the castle for "Halloween Screams." By the way, this is the best fireworks show Disney offers. If you love Disney/Halloween, go youtube it. You'll love it. This is during the Oogie Boogie section.

IMG_3027.jpg
IMG_3047.jpg
So the Rivers of America is supposed to be covered in a creepy blanket of fog. It was a very hot and very still night. I believe something went a little wrong. It was fun to run around in though! :D

IMG_3023.jpg
There's a pirate ship in there somewhere, lol

IMG_3077.jpg
Obligatory castle pic :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I wanna know how you got those pics to turn out so great at night. :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
We are on the East Coast, so a Disneyland trip may never be in the cards for us, but gosh I bet it would be so fun at Halloween! Thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanna know how you got those pics to turn out so great at night. :)
What you can't see in the photos is the backpack that I'm carrying that contains a Canon 7D. ;)

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
We just got back from Disney World... we had a GREAT time at the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Parade. Call me biased, but I do believe the the Disney World version is bigger and better, so if on the East coast, you can head down! ;-)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just got back from Disney World... we had a GREAT time at the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Parade. Call me biased, but I do believe the the Disney World version is bigger and better, so if on the East coast, you can head down! ;-)
It seems like Disneyworld has much better shows from what I've read.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We also were down at Disney World (DW) this year (our 4th trip during Halloween). We first went 6 years ago and being there is what sparked my ambition to do a home display. But this time I didn't find it as impressive. The fireworks & projections on the castle are still awesome and the parade is good (they need to add some new stuff though), but looking at the OP's pictures I think Disneyland did a much better job with the overall Halloween look. At DW I saw no projections on any of the buildings besides the castle (the DL version of It's a Small World looks incredible), there was no fog on the river, etc. While even though DW might be larger and have more Halloween "shows" DL looks much more impressive IMO.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We also were down at Disney World (DW) this year (our 4th trip during Halloween). We first went 6 years ago and being there is what sparked my ambition to do a home display. But this time I didn't find it as impressive. The fireworks & projections on the castle are still awesome and the parade is good (they need to add some new stuff though), but looking at the OP's pictures I think Disneyland did a much better job with the overall Halloween look. At DW I saw no projections on any of the buildings besides the castle (the DL version of It's a Small World looks incredible), there was no fog on the river, etc. While even though DW might be larger and have more Halloween "shows" DL looks much more impressive IMO.
I think Disneyland is using the new image projections systems put in place for the 60th with gusto. Atmospherically, it's always been great, but this year there was definitely a lot more going on as far as projections, lighting, etc.

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
We have been to the Disney World Halloween party several times. Once we will need to check out the Disneyland version. I'd like to see the disneyland haunted house with the Nightmare Before Christmas. Disney World does not do that. Oh, and they usually have projections on main street. Just not at vivid as the ones in the photos above. They do ghosts and things. This year we are going to Disney world the week of thanksgiving. I'm really excited to see it done up for Christmas.

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Hollywood studios

Be sure to see the Osborn family lights at Hollywood Studios, this will be the last year. :-(
We have been to the Disney World Halloween party several times. Once we will need to check out the Disneyland version. I'd like to see the disneyland haunted house with the Nightmare Before Christmas. Disney World does not do that. Oh, and they usually have projections on main street. Just not at vivid as the ones in the photos above. They do ghosts and things. This year we are going to Disney world the week of thanksgiving. I'm really excited to see it done up for Christmas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts