Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got batteries put in her and she has the exact same voice and phrases as my gemmy witch with the broom that does the sweeping/stirring motion "theres something spooky out tonight, and I think it's you. Did you come for a trick or a treat." Her eyes light up and she says the above phrase and I think her head moves back and forth as well. The rest of her doesn't move, her dress is okay but doesn't come all the way down to the ground so I'll have to add a little something. But for $25 bucks I am very happy with her.
I don't know if I will leave her with her voice going or not being as it's the same as the other one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got the witch also for 50% off and that's about all she's worth. Face is good, and I like the eyes. She needs a little accessorizing in the wardrobe department. The belt is horrible. I think I want to remove the sack and replace with a broom. Or maybe have something coming out of the sack. Also, perhaps a crow on her shoulder. Oy, have I got work to do on her.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got her today as well with the 50% coupon. She's definitely worth $25. I love her face, ears, and eyes.

I'll probably add more hair, because i don't like the two little wisps of hair on the sides of her head. The belt is bad looking as someone mentioned. So, that'll get replaced. I haven't decided if i'm going to add extra cloth or legs and boots to the bottom where the dress doesn't meet the floor. I was thinking about leaving the hood down and giving her a witch hat. And the treat bag is going. I haven't decided what i'm going to put in her hands. Maybe a crow with a plucked out eyeball someone made in the prop section. My husband is going to look at it to see if he can cut the sound. I think it'll just get annoying at my party. I'm most likely not going to use her for TOTing.

I'd recommend her though. Having an animated prop adds a lot to your decor. And if you're not wanting to spend the kind of money animatronics normally cost, this is a great way to go.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Is this a new batch of stuff they just put out? We had spooky town out since July, then an aisle of stuff at the start of this month. When I was in there last week I saw them clearing off shelves, so would imagine more halloween to come. But a little concerned that my Michaels might be to small for this.

Would love to see a picture to!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here you go everyone, pictures. Not sure if its gemmy or not. Looks it though has the same type neck connector as the screaming gentleman from BL last year. The closeup shows just how little hair she has. Well worth the 50% percent off price of 25.00.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Considering that I could spend $5 for a pvc or wood frame, $10 for clothes, $4 for a foam head, and $10 to $25 for a mask. This looks like a steal! I would agree that the quality isnt the best, but I bet anyone on here has enough talent to improve on it or light / position it just right so that it makes a great prop.

Really hoping my Michaels has this as I will be owning one!

·
Registered
267 Posts
She is worth the $25. Agreed the hair is rather thin. I was also thinking of the crow with the hanging eyeball. That would be nice on her shoulder. I just might put a big cauldron in front of her, and a huge cat, to block the no feet look. I'm afraid if kids put their hand in the treat bag it could fall over. Should be interesting to see how we all modify this witch!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am very dissapointed my witch head can move to left but to right seem to be struggling and very loud click that wont move to other way and now I have to return and get new one hopefully it will be working right!! :mad:

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I'd take black permanent marker, and make her eyebrows come down further towards the nose - maybe make the peaks of them pointier too - give her that mean scowling look!

I may just get one myself!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am very dissapointed my witch head can move to left but to right seem to be struggling and very loud click that wont move to other way and now I have to return and get new one hopefully it will be working right!! :mad:
Return it! Take it back to michaels and get another one. Don't accept a faulty product.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts