Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry I cant find micheals thread, whats everyones impression of their limited to nil stock....I think whats out is it....what does everyone else think..seems very limited this year. I found a couple of things but nothing really good.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Don't know what you saw at yours. There should be a center aisle display, a faux pumpkin one, possibly another center aisle with witch hats, an end cap of plaster things (heads, haunted house), probably 1-2 other end caps, another center aisle with the larger items / spookytown, and both sides of an aisle full.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well the selection basically sucks this year, just like every other year. And the prices they charge is ridiculous. I can get a lot of the same product at the dollar store. Same quality too.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
And the prices they charge is ridiculous. I can get a lot of the same product at the dollar store. Same quality too.
That is why I always try to bring along a coupon for 40% off, bringing it down to more like what an item should cost. This is kind of good - I am saving quite a bit thanks to their limited selection of new merchandise, since I already bought most of the items that I like last year (ornaments, skull on pedestal, etc.).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Michael's seems to rehash the same things year after year now. There are some cool items in the mix, but overall it is uninspiring ( IMO), and the paint jobs on some of the items are really low quality. I wouldn't buy anything without a major sale or coupon.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
They're good for a quick and early Halloween fix, but as mentioned, they carry a lot of the same old stuff year to year. I normally pick up a couple foam skulls but I have enough of them so I'm done with Michael's for this year. They also used to carry some nice resin tombstones and busts but haven't in a few years.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
sorry I cant find micheals thread, whats everyones impression of their limited to nil stock....I think whats out is it....what does everyone else think..seems very limited this year. I found a couple of things but nothing really good.
There's nothing there because I bought it all when it came out a month ago.

I needed foam skulls and got a rear-end load of them. I also wiped out a couple stores of their skull candle holders. Of course everything was at least 40% off.

I can't say that I'm disappointed with them, as they had what I expected and in the case of the foam skulls, what I needed. By far, for me anyway, Big Lots is the biggest disappointment when it comes to Halloween, from what they used to be, to what they are now is just sad sad sad.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
By far, for me anyway, Big Lots is the biggest disappointment when it comes to Halloween, from what they used to be, to what they are now is just sad sad sad.
*Nods head lamentingly* I agree. I miss the resin pieces the most.

Michaels generally has a few neat new candleholders each year, so I am happy with them in that regard, at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts