Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does Michaels craft store in Canada carry the same stuff as the USA stores ?

i would like some carvable pumpkins and decorative ones we dont have any of these here so i was wondering if michaels in Ontario for example carry the same halloween stuff as the US stores .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used to work in one (which sucked) they don't always carry the same things as the American stores. One of the biggest complaints I'd receive from customers was that something they had seen on the site wasn't in store, then I had to remind them to type .ca instead of .com. When I was working there they had the faux carvable pumpkins, and I'm based in southern Ontario, so it might just be delayed stock, wait a few weeks more. Halloween stuff didn't hit the shelves until mid August.
Also I was warned if you're carving them you're supposed to do it outdoors becasue there's this stuff inside that you shouldn't inhale.

·
Registered
66 Posts
4 hours? Ouch, that's one hell of a trip, you might want to call the store and confirm they have them before going lol. If there are any lesser known craftstores in Ottawa they're probably worth looking into as well. I used to like going to White Rose before they bombed like ten years ago. What will you be doing with your pumpkins? I'd like to see pics when you're finished with them.
One woman I used to know would put an entire Lemaxx scene into hers, they looked really cool.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we do a witch lair and pumpkin people town , haunted forest , so the pumpkins would be the heads , and i also would like to do some like the ones sold at grandin roads for 49$ each from the martha stewart collection , the ones with glitter on them , pumpkin totems etc , i have lots of ideas and use this year for those pumpkins :)

oh and yes i would defenatly call ahead to see if they have them lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
I went to Michaels yesterday in Orleans, Ontario and I did not see any carvable pumpkin, but they have all electric items on sale at 20% off. I got a life-size treater greater witch regulare at 69.99 at 20% off. And thank you all for the posting for the 50% ticket. Got some cool bottles for my magic potions display. Have a nice day from Hawkesbury, Ontario. Merci et bonne journee

·
Registered
622 Posts
Witch, I realize this doesn't exactly help you out East, but our Michael's stores in BC do indeed carry the carvable pumkins. In fact they're quite often the first Autumn/Halloween items out and they're usually the last items they're selling off after Oct. 31st! (usually for about 70% off!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts