Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a month ago I checked out Michaels tiny Halloween section (I wanted to buy a severed arm to slap my ex-boyfriend with). On the way to said Halloween section I got stopped by a horribly annoying decapitated animatronic bride holding her head. There was talk about her in the forum a while ago. She's very ventriloquist dummy-like (the ONLY thing I like about her. I'm a ventriloquist!) But anyway, after I stopped laughing at her creepy crying, I noticed a groom was standing next to her, and...

I FELL IN LOVE.

I stayed there for three hours messing with the groom, clapping my hands to make him talk (er, yell. He's REALLY loud.). Finally the Michaels employees came over and unplugged him, glaring at me angrily. So I had to say goodbye to Charles (That's what I named him) and leave. I came back in the other day and Delia (the bride, that's what I named her) was plugged in and still crying about her wedding day. Some little kid kept kicking Charles because he wouldn't work. I snuck up behind him and yelled "WHY ARE YOU KICKING MY HUSBAND!?" Not only did I scare the living daylights out of the kid, I made all the employees moan in sadness as they noticed I've returned. I discovered Charles was unplugged since the day I left, a month ago. I plugged him in, turned him on and finally after an hour or so of his corny phrases about his wife (I was sure to let everyone know that he was, in fact, talking about me, not that ugly hunk of plastic next to him) the manager came over and told me to just buy him.

So I'll take him up on that. Hopefully. I bet you anything poor Charles will still be there after Halloween, 50%-70% off.

And he'll be MINE!

Just thought I should share my story. :) He's possibly my favorite prop for this year, even though all he does is move his hips around in a circle and scream corny things like "MY GROOMSMEN ARE PALE WITH ENVY. AHAHAHAHAHA."

There's a horribly giant picture of his sexy face here.

$129 isn't bad. Too bad I a) spent all my money on my Halloween costume and b) don't have a coupon which can reduce the price.

However, the Michaels people stuck a big ole sign on him that says "30% OFF!!!" ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
to bad you didnt use one of the %50 coupo that were floating aRUOund for the last month..
he should still be there by the time it hits 50 IM not sure about 75 tho.. and that braty kid might break him by then
good luck ,, keep going back to check, just dont camp out so long :)

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I hope you don't start carrying him around in the front passenger seat of your car (like those blow up dummies out there) and begin dressing up like a bride yourself! I'm worried about you, but he is charming in a way, until he talks.

BTW in this weeks ad, 40% off all Halloween lighting and animation. He may be yours sooner than you think..... are you signed up online to receive additional discounts?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you don't start carrying him around in the front passenger seat of your car (like those blow up dummies out there) and begin dressing up like a bride yourself! I'm worried about you, but he is charming in a way, until he talks.

BTW in this weeks ad, 40% off all Halloween lighting and animation. He may be yours sooner than you think..... are you signed up online to receive additional discounts?
Ha ha, if you see someone driving around in a VW bus with a dead groom in the front street screaming "JUST MARRIED!!", that will be me. ;)

Hmm, I know I'm signed up for Joann's, not sure about Michaels though. I'll be sure to go back to Michaels as soon as I get paid and kidnap, I mean purchase, Charles and save the employees from their misery.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Every sunday there is a coupon for Michael's for about 40-50% off. It's good for one item. Grab a paper and run and get him. lol I'm pretty broke myself so I feel for you.

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
He is like $74.00 this week at Michaels, and I noticed that they are already starting to clearance other things out, so I wouldn't wait to pick him up if you still think you were destined to be together....LOL

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
$74.00? sounds like he's worth that. don't wait to long or you'll be driving around all alone singing the groom didn't show blues. and, they don't hate you, they are just tired of listening to that guy repeat the same thing over and over again and in all hope wishing you would carry him off so they can have some peace.

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
haha...the employees at my michaels are really anal so ijust go in there to get what i want and leave...lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you sure you're not in Panama City, Fl.? When I saw him in the store, the bride was plugged in and he wasn't.
I guess Michael's employees country-wide can't stand poor Charles' deafening voice and lame Crypt Keeper-esque jokes (such as "I'm so lucky to marry her. I've loved her since the day I DIED. Hahahahaaa). Haha.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm breaking with the pack here.... You played with an animated prop for three hours and you want to marry him? You don't know why your antics made them unplug him? You went back the next day, plugged him in yourself and listened to him for another hour? Your actions not only warrant being thrown out but not allowed back in. Grow up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts