Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting up a thread regarding the upcoming expected 2009 Lemax collection at Michaels. based on last year we can expect them anytime soon.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I absolutely love all the lemax and department 56 stuff. The problem for me now though is that i have so much i have no more room to expand the collection, so i guess i am all done. I really wish i could build it up forever because i love the stuff, but only so much room.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Yes, I am impatiently waiting with my weekly coupons and a store credit I've had since march. I think the new line is the best they've offered in several years. I can't wait to get the opera house.:D

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,101 Posts
I'm so jealous - ours won't be out until mid-July *pouts*. Oh well, it just builds up the anticipation...

I agree, this years offerings look really well done!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Here's a head's up on Lemax at Michaels: Last year, I had to use my coupon the minute they arrived. Because, once they were all out on display, they discounted them 25% and the
50% coupons weren't any good anymore.

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
Yes, Skulkin is right. If you want new Lemax pieces from Michael's this year get them within the first few weeks. They'll be on sale every week until Halloween for something less than your 40 or 50% off coupons will fetch and, guaranteed, the good pieces will be gone before they clearance them.

I've only got one piece to buy this year - a small pirate one. I've run out of room for my cemetery display and this will take up the last bit of space on my pirate display. I don't know where I'll even be displaying my cemetery this year! I got a new entertainment center and the top isn't as wide as the old one (which I built the base of my landscape to fit).

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Any news on what the Michael's exclusives will be this year?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
saw 2 of the exclusives

1- house of wax
2- a biker motorcycle themed piece

all should be out tomorrow and I will provide pictures!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Michaels has several exclusives this year.

94954 SPOOKY TOWN EXPRESS TRAIN $59.99

95827 HOUSE OF WAX $89.99

95829 SKULL FLAMING MOTORCYCLES $79.99 LOOKS LIKE A SKULLS VERSION OF A HARLEY DAVIDSON DEALERSHIP

95885 TRANSYLVANIA TRANSPORT $69.99 THIS IS A SPOOKY SHIP

94020 TREE MEDIUM DYING ELM WITH SKULL $5.99

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Michaels has several exclusives this year.

94954 SPOOKY TOWN EXPRESS TRAIN $59.99

95827 HOUSE OF WAX $89.99

95829 SKULL FLAMING MOTORCYCLES $79.99 LOOKS LIKE A SKULLS VERSION OF A HARLEY DAVIDSON DEALERSHIP

95885 TRANSYLVANIA TRANSPORT $69.99 THIS IS A SPOOKY SHIP

94020 TREE MEDIUM DYING ELM WITH SKULL $5.99
Very cool! I'm especially interested in the train, since I got the Phantom Station last year. I can't wait to see it!
Any place we can see pics of the exclusives?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just started collecting Lemax last year, picking up my first big pieces on Clearance. I have no idea where I am going to set them up, but I want more. I guess I'll just have to figure out how to rearrange things to make the room.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I love this stuff so much. I just don't know where to put it.

My friggin' cats keep knocking off the pieces I put up on shelves. They are insanely mischievous and I'm tired of my pieces getting ruined.

If it's not the cats then it's me trying to move the pieces around and breaking bits off of them because I grab them in the wrong places.

That being said...I LOVE Spooky Town Village.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I love this stuff so much. I just don't know where to put it.

My friggin' cats keep knocking off the pieces I put up on shelves. They are insanely mischievous and I'm tired of my pieces getting ruined.

If it's not the cats then it's me trying to move the pieces around and breaking bits off of them because I grab them in the wrong places.

That being said...I LOVE Spooky Town Village.
My cats are the same way. But so far, nothing has broke. You might want to use museum wax or something to hold your pieces down so they don't fall. I am going to do that this year since we have a new kitty who hasn't experienced Halloween. I'm sure she's going to get all up into the pieces. :rolleyes:

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
EvilMel, I understand your frustration! The only place I can put my display that is mostly cat-proff is the top of my piano. They can't climb up there without stepping on the keys and they hate that. Except there was this one time, I forgot and closed the keyboard cover and I ended up chasing one cat around and around my living room with a tiny pumpkin in his mouth! It was his and he wasn't gonna give it up without a fight!
Cats! Ugh!

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Part of the problem is that they're pretty hysterical when they're bad. I should take pictures of my three black cats creeping up into my shelving that's about 6.5 feet off the ground!

They know they're doing bad and they still do it anyway!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts