Halloween Forum banner

Michaels 2009

4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Pumpkin King 
#1 ·
So has everyone had the chance to see what Michael's is putting out for this Halloween season? Any comments.

#2 ·
I did. It's pretty ho-hum thus far. I saw only some generic fall decor, Lemax stuff (good for whoever is a fan of those), and the bling junk (I'll admit, the bling skull bust is pretty cool), but nothing animated yet. Hopefully they'll get a couple of Gemmys in, I'm dying for one of those candelabras they had last year (I can't seem to find one anywhere)

#4 ·
as a crazy lemax spookytown fan i am disappointed. from the lemax website it seems that some of the houses are not even available at michaels. when i first went and looked at the prices i was shocked that they skyrocketed from what they used to be. i mean usually the biggest and sweetest house is around 80-90 but now every house is almost in that price range. 50% off coupon or bust. the only 2 houses i really like are the house of wax and the pumpkin patch ride other then that im kinda sick of dry glutch houses and not really into the biker house or the phantom of the opera. The train is a cool idea that lemax did this year but its not even that big, it could maybe go around one house and a little accessory not a whole village and for 60 bux i could make my own haunted train. although i will say i do like the accessories more this year then last. i like the bowling lanes, monster truck, hearse, and some figures. as for non spookytown stuff i always love the potion bottles, and the bling skulls arent bad but not really too scary halloween for me. i had big hopes for this years spookytown as i thought it was suppose to be the best yet but was let down. i just signed up for michaels online to get the coupon for 50% off then go to michaels an pick up my house of wax and pumpkin ride for now then the accessories i like later. no idea where to put them in the village but if i dont grab them theyll be gone my luck.

#8 ·
The next Michaels seasonal truck is in two weeks. The planogram shows that they will be getting in their aisle of tombstones, etc but it doesn't show any lifesize Gemmy animations yet. Not sure if they will have them or not this year. According to the manager, they received complaints about them and the other scary Halloween decor they had last year.

Gimme a break.

#14 ·
If you sign up at Dedicated To Lemax, you will find a post I made with a current 50% off Michaels coupon good until July 30th.

Dedicated To Lemax

Just a special note that the sign in information at Dedicated To Lemax is done only to prevent spammers.

Also, since there is no Michaels sales ad this week you will be able to use the 50% off coupons on the Lemax Spookytown houses and accessories.

Hope this helps !

Preston

#15 ·
The next Michaels Seasonal truck which will be the week of July 27th. will have some of the Halloween props like the lights, tombstones, etc. They will be filling up the aisle across from the Lemax Spookytown with the Halloween decorations.

No news yet on whether or not they will have any of the lifesize Gemmy figures. I sure hope they do !

#19 ·
We stopped by one here in Pittsburgh yesterday. they had all of the "bling" stuff out, a ton of Lemax, and some other generic decorations. the employee I asked didn't know when anything else was coming in, but it looked as though they were clearing the main aisle, so I am assuming it will be soon. I am hoping the have those resin tomstones again (in different styles than they had last year) anyways. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
I really don't want to offend anyone but I think that we should not bring religion or politics into this forum. None of us know the reasons a company does not sell Halloween decor. Maybe the stuff does not sell to their customers. To point a finger and say well the owner is Baptist, Jewish, Muslim, Green, Purple, whatever so they don't sell Halloween is offensive at best. There are people on this forum of all races, creeds, and religions who love Halloween. We all know people who don't like what we do, however I really don't know of any religion that "preaches" Halloween is the devils work! It is a person's personal opinion NOT a religious tenet. We should be careful when we post so we don't offend anyone who is a member of this wonderful venue.

Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest.

PS: Why can't I find spell check anymore? LOL

#24 ·
I really don't want to offend anyone but I think that we should not bring religion or politics into this forum. None of us know the reasons a company does not sell Halloween decor. Maybe the stuff doe not sell to their customers. To point a finger and say well the owner is Baptist, Jewish, Muslim, Green, Purple, whatever so they don't sell Halloween is offensive at best. There are people on this forum of all races, creeds, and religions who love Halloween. We all know people who don't like what we do, however I really don't know of any religion that "preaches" Halloween is the devils work! It is a person's personal opinion NOT a religious tenet. We should be careful when we post so we don't offend anyone who is a member of this wonderful venue.

Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest.

PS: Why can't I find spell check anymore? LOL
Excellent post! Thanks!

#28 ·
Just to clarify, I responding to the post that had the assumption that Christians (without specific clarification so I inferred meaning all) are against Halloween. I have no idea if David Green's version of Baptist is for or against Halloween. I just know that I am Lutheran and (as far as I know) our denomination is cool with it. There are many reasons some people are against Halloween. In Seattle, there was a group of witches that had Halloween celebrations pulled from the school district there. :rolleyes:

David Green (Hobby Lobby) could very well not carry Halloween items because they do not sell well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.