Halloween Forum banner

Michael Myers for Halloween? 3rd year in a row go another year? or switch it up?

5170 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  awokennightmare
so made this costume about 8 years ago but didn't really do that good on it and brought it back to life about 4 years ago and came upon a Don post mask and then re dug out my Jumpsuit & gave it the most detail on it to make it look like i just got done doing a massive slaughtering spree some sad Victims.

i took the time in the that past to keep adding to my costume to make it look more & more real with Age and my own style of my child hood idol

. in the year that past i had people ask to take pictures with me and even scared people to the point of just walking down the street screaming..just walking. to act the part i had just walked to people porches and just stood there with my knife ..bugging them so bad they just thrown the candy at me..begging me to just take it and go. so i was wondering if i should switch it up..or hang it up.

Red Art Illustration Tree Fictional character
Overall Costume Outerwear Personal protective equipment Fictional character
Costume Room Personal protective equipment Outerwear Mask
Costume Room Mask Fictional character
Costume Room
Clothing Outerwear Overall Sleeve Suit
Room
she was my Victim that night. Fun Fictional character Zombie Costume Fiction
Face Head Eyebrow Forehead Cheek
Costume Zombie Fictional character
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
MM is a Halloween icon. I like the jump suit but IMO, the mask leaves a lot to be desired. The hair is much too long and the face detail isn't there, not uncommon for a Don Post mask. If you have fun with the character and get a good reaction after three years, then go with it if you want. If you find yourself getting bored with the character then change it up.
What I notice is that as time goes on, a lot of younger people don't recognize or react to these classic characters like the previous generation. They are scared, but don't know who MM is, or Freddy Krueger, etc..

check out the MM masks from Halloween Asylum. Probably the best out there (in the affordable range)

http://www.halloweenasylum.com/michael_myers_halloween_ii_mask.html

http://www.halloweenasylum.com/michael_myers_halloween_ii_blood_tears_mask.html

· Monster Collector
3,411 Posts
I always say do what you want. If you still enjoy costuming as a certain character, then by all means continue it. I've done characters more than once but always seem to evolve the look.

Being a rather big Halloween fan, and have costumed as Myers before, I would upgrade the look you have had. There is a very, very nice mask that was offered by TOT Studios last year for 50 bucks and was available at most seasonal Halloween shops as well as online sellers. They are even offering a $35 "economy" mask this year which beats any of the mass produced regular retail masks.

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
I always say do what you want. If you still enjoy costuming as a certain character, then by all means continue it. I've done characters more than once but always seem to evolve the look.

Being a rather big Halloween fan, and have costumed as Myers before, I would upgrade the look you have had. There is a very, very nice mask that was offered by TOT Studios last year for 50 bucks and was available at most seasonal Halloween shops as well as online sellers. They are even offering a $35 "economy" mask this year which beats any of the mass produced regular retail masks.
Shadowbat, the TOT studios MM mask is the same one sold by Halloween Asylum. It's one of the best made at a great price.
http://www.trickortreatstudios.com/michael_myers_halloween_II_full_head_mask.html

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow holy smokes nice comments every one ..i had thought that i should had gave it a rest but i think after hearing this all i should Re vamp him back to Life and take it to a whole new level. or go as a pretty Sick Grim reaper...but thanks for the links to a new mask.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I notice is that as time goes on, a lot of younger people don't recognize or react to these classic characters like the previous generation. They are scared, but don't know who MM is, or Freddy Krueger, etc..

Yea i know i see it every year...but the Impact is still there,,I still get them. they know the Boogie man is real. i hada couple of kids give me a fist bump for know who i was..and i had seen a few kids dressed as MM. one i seen..Package MM..Bright blue jumpsuit i wanted to smack him...

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you...yea i just thought after a while people would had know it was me...but i love what i had done..freaks out the kids and even the parents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.