Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have always believed that it is the intent and faith in a particular ritual or activity that would make cleansing a house of bad vibes or evil spirits possible and less the actual ritual or ritual objects. I was raised Christian, and am still a believer in Christ but not necessarily all of the churches teachings or the entire Bible, but that's another story all together of how and why I believe the way that I do. I still consider myself to be a very spiritual person and pray often, and of course believe in the after life and the astral plane in which spirits (or demigods), at least some of the deceased, demons, and angels reside. AND of course, being a huge fan of the creepy and Halloween (obviously) I watch MORE than my fair share of paranormal shows and read more than my share of books on the subject. Here's my background going into this...

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our first home (yay!) but were told that the house is "haunted." I usually have a sense for these things, and actually lived in a house haunted by a negative spirit as a young child, that my parents successfully had removed from the home. I have not had a bad feeling so far, when visiting the home, and the previous tenants who told me this were trying to block the sale of the house so I wouldn't be surprised if that story was a last ditch effort to keep us from buying the house. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY THOUGH!

I have been doing a bit more research than usual, and praying for guidance and have decided to do a simple home blessing with oil and prayers all over the property before attempting anything as drastic as a home cleansing. I won't hesitate to do one though if I sense anything is amiss once we've moved in.

I have tasked my brother and his wife with assisting us in this process and told them the background of the house so we have discussed, what should be done if a full-scale cleansing should be called for. They are also very spiritual and are traditional church-going protestants but also firm believers in the "astral plane" and methods for cleansing beyond the traditional "Christian" means. I am very confident in their faith and know their advice is solid. They suggested smudging with sage and something I have NEVER heard before. They suggested something that they did when they could not rid an apartment of negative energy that worked like a charm for them.

Whenever they left the apartment, they would blast Shofar music on their speakers, they did this for a short time until all the "happenings" ceased and the negative energy left. The Shofar is an ancient horn used in the Bible times used both in battle and as a call to God. They figured since they were in "spiritual warfare," a call to God was fitting. I kind of joked that they irritated it away with the sound, which they openly admitted was "kinda annoying." I couldn't find a single article or thread on doing this online, but they swear it works. It should also be noted that they are both tattooed in Hebrew, so it's possible that just their ties and beliefs in this "ritual" was enough to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKxDROoOiyY

Has anyone ever heard of doing this to cleanse a home? Also, what other techniques do you recommend both for a house blessing and for a house cleansing? Thanks y'all

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've never heard of this, either. Sage, holy water, salt, religious icons, holy men performing a blessing are the usual routes. You bring up a point that I've always believed myself; it's the intent and the force of will, not the form of the action, that gets the job done. Hope you get the house and all is well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much Ichabod Crane, I hope it all works out too! I don't want to get too much into it either because my husband isn't much of a believer so I know that will have a negative impact if we are dealing with anything paranormal, although I wouldn't mind for him to become a believer. We are probobly going to be moving in the week of Christmas.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It usually seems to me that a certain "Energy" is needed by some unseen force to actually become bothersome within a structure.
This comes from people, living people,mostly.
I think some people are "Haunted" because such things seem to follow them from location to location, house to house.
Children just at the edge of puberty seem to be an energy source to power for such things to happen.
The most famous haunting in the USA was the "Bell witch" in 1820's Tenn. which very possibly started because of John Bell's improper things he did with his Daughter, a theory, never proven in which adult evil begets repercussions .
The founder of the Methodist Church had a "haunting " in his own home, he had a large number of children who other "forces" could have been using to supply their energy.
The single biggest roadblock to discovering more about a haunted house or haunting in general are the people who make-up stories to simply get attention or to empower themselves somehow. These type of things just confuse our efforts to possibly figure anything usable out of all the oddness and fears.
A location can be extremely "Haunted" for one person or a family of people, yet the following people living there experience nothing at all.
I do believe the main "receptor" for such stimuli exists within our own brains and bodies and of course , not everyone will have this. like ESP.
When more than one person sees, hears, feels, experiences the haunting it adds credence to claims and mystifies the non-experienced .
I also believe that a person Will often find what they Need to Find or See or Experience, good, bad, happy, sad.
A number of "Haunted" people all share the experience of terrible childhoods and maybe "see" negativity" too often, all around them, and they really can't help doing so.
My house had a reputation for being haunted since 1925. I was warned by numerous elderly people to not buy this house.
Some people will not walk in the front door if a place is said to be this way.
This house is haunted but it is Not like a Hollywood horror movie or a TV show.
Maybe that extreme stuff Only happens in such an entertainment setting, all manufactured, of course.
Be good of "Heart" and calm of nature and this will help more than anything else.
There are Good and Bad people,probably Good or Bad ghosts too. Don't power-up the bad ones with fear,negativity.

If you run a haunted attraction and you tell people it is really "Haunted" I believe this will Hurt your business because so many people are afraid of such possibilities. I went public with the haunted history of my house because so many were seeing some things here that to most were obviously not a special effect that I didn't wish to have some timid person experience such a thing and possibly think it was their own personal "demon" going to follow them home, make their life miserable ,with that possible experience requiring their own self to be committed or heavily medicated.. when maybe such dire circumstances could have been avoided by Me simply telling them it is a" house ghost" that has been HERE a long time, so it won't be following you home.

My own scary and dangerous supernatural experience that befell me had much to do with a living human being calling himself a "Warloch Psychic".
If he had never showed up here .. I doubt if those actual bad, dangerous, life threatening events of 12 years ago would have happened.
I said, "No!" to his requests to invite the 38th ghost into this house, which made him mad.
A day or two later I got to simply walk away from what was left of my car after a semi hit me going 75-80 MPH and I was stopped for Road Construction.
It all really happened , my "car" is on display in my backyard, now a part of the "show".
I have a definite feeling that I would have been made the 38th Ghost if I had accepted his request to invite that ghost in, because it would have been ME!
The "Side Yard" is the location of my workbench where I had spent uncountable hours all seasons, in all kinds of weather, under a tarp....
My Wife recently found some more history of this house On-line, which proves" Mr. Warloch" actually did tell me Five true things about this house when he said a ghost here was named "Frank". Whether or not "Frank" is "evil" as he said .. who knows?
The actual "Frank" person did die seemingly a miserable man estranged from his Wife and children and buried in a lonely plot 1.4 of a mile from this house as the family left town.
I type slowly. I hope my morning efforts here help someone. I am Jim Warfield

411 N. Carroll St.
Mount Carroll, ill.

·
Super Moderator
5,661 Posts
Whenever they left the apartment, they would blast Shofar music on their speakers, they did this for a short time until all the "happenings" ceased and the negative energy left. The Shofar is an ancient horn used in the Bible times used both in battle and as a call to God. They figured since they were in "spiritual warfare," a call to God was fitting. I kind of joked that they irritated it away with the sound, which they openly admitted was "kinda annoying." I couldn't find a single article or thread on doing this online, but they swear it works. It should also be noted that they are both tattooed in Hebrew, so it's possible that just their ties and beliefs in this "ritual" was enough to make it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKxDROoOiyY

Has anyone ever heard of doing this to cleanse a home? Also, what other techniques do you recommend both for a house blessing and for a house cleansing? Thanks y'all
I've heard of using an actual shofar, but never a recording. I was always under the impression it what the actual device being important, not the sound of it. It would be tantamount to sprinking tap water around the house instead of holy water. Water is water, yes?

Anyhow.

I've explored a quite a few religious paths here and there, and tend to fall on the side that it's your own personal belief in whatever tool you decide to use that determines whether it will work or not. You say you still believe in Christ, but not neccessarily the Church. How about just sitting down with your spouse (and any others that might be residing) and say a prayer together asking Christ to watch over those who are in the house and to bless it as a sanctuary from evil spirits? In my experience, such a personal type of thing is much more effective than bringing in something someone else says should work.

And I personally belive Gym is onto something there. People bring things into places with them, and that can charge energies in the place. Your attitude and the attitude of those you bring into the place will influence whatever might be there.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
A prayer and salt around the house seems to work. My mother and I would go room to room and say a prayer for each room and then the whole house plus our family. It is a great relief and up lifting experience to rid our home of evil and negatives.

I don't know if I would say our house is haunted. We have something here. Is it evil? We have it visit before. Is it positive? the same answer. My home is old and draft but I didn't say the house creaks. Its more of shadows and seeing things in the corner of your eye. My son claims to see them which I hope he did not get this small ability. I used to see them, mostly now I get feelings. I can tell which is good and which is bad. Sometimes, I would get this image in my head, that tells me something.

Prayer, a blessing, and faith, they work. I use them and to pray to my Lord and Savior. When my close friends and family moves, I worry about the home they are going to live in. I would ask questions. Two of them are members of our Forum and one of them has a habit of picking a haunted house every time and just moved into a new home recently and the other one, THEY seems to like her and follow her everywhere. (she takes precautions).

I think I have a lot to say. But, I do not want you guys things I am weird. We all have our experiences, reasons and issues to how and why. After reading this post, it got me thinking about my home and my family and friends. It does make a different when living in a home and how a family lives in it. But, it can also be just because the house is really haunted.....

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Star"--If the former tenants think the house is "Haunted", and if the haunting was just strange sounds they couldn't identify, then maybe a loud horn sound might chase away the rodents inside the floor, walls or ceiling? If it was just those guys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts