Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to post some of my favorite metal songs with lyrics that could be considered Halloween-themed. I encourage other metalheads to post some of their favorites in this thread, as well.

OOMPH! - „Brennende Liebe”

Why it fits: The subject of the song isn't bad, but it's the video that is very Halloween! Starring Frankenstein and his bride.

For those who don't speak German, the silent-movie text says, "It lives!"
For those not familiar with the band, the three brains in jars at the end are labeled with the band members' names.

OOMPH! - Brennende Liebe

RAGE - "Open My Grave"
Why it fits: It's about mummies, tombs and curses.

RAGE - Open My Grave

PAIN - "Zombie Slam"

Why it fits: Obvious.

PAIN - Zombie Slam

RAMMSTEIN - „Stein um Stein”
Why it fits: Creepy lyrics about walling someone into a house to never let them out again. There's an English translation in the video.

RAMMSTEIN - Stein um Stein

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't have videos or any song titles but it's worth mentioning that Beheometh
has a very worthy halloween like performance... I've thought about copying their candelabra peices they sometimes use. (sorry no pictures)

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for bringing the thread back. I was going to do it myself but I'm going through a period of having no internet at home, so it had to wait. I'll try to listen to these and post some more videos of my own when I get the internet installed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for bringing the thread back. I was going to do it myself but I'm going through a period of having no internet at home, so it had to wait. I'll try to listen to these and post some more videos of my own when I get the internet installed.
No problem, it's a great thread. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts, in the mean time I will continue to post more.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Helloween - "Dr. Stein"

Brian Vollmer (Helix) - "I'm A Live Frankenstein"

Pain - "Dancing With The Dead"

Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 - "Bride of Frankenstein"

Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13 - "The Last Halloween"

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nostra Morte - Necrotica Mexican band I happened to stumble across. Wish they sung in English, they really seem to have that Halloween feel.

The Creepshow - "Halloween" Misfits cover. I enjoy this version over the original.

The Creepshow - "Zombies Ate Her Brain"

Avenger - "Halloween"

·
Registered
83 Posts
No Halloween collection can be complete without a little Rob Zombie.

Rob Zombie - "Living Dead Girl"

Rob Zombie - "Werewolf Women of the SS"

Rob Zombie - "House of 1000 Corpses"

Rob Zombie - "Dragula"

White Zombie - "I'm Your Boogieman"

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The English version of Falconer's new single: BLACK WIDOW. First heard the Swedish version (the actual single) and, since my Swedish is terrible, didn't realize what the translation of the title would be. I thought the song was decent. Then I found out what the title meant and what do you know, I like the song a lot more all of a sudden. ;)

There is nothing in this world that is more epic or more gorgeous than this man's singing voice.

Falconer - "Black Widow" (2011)

Swedish version:

Falconer "Svarta Änkan" (OFFICIAL)

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joey - Wow, you know about Avenger... I'm surprised. They changed their name to RAGE, got Victor Smolski as their guitarist in 1999, and thanks to him, eventually became one of my favorite bands. I love Victor almost as much as I love Falconer's singer, which is saying a lot.

I'm slowly making my way through all the videos you posted while I was without internet service.

The Creepshow cover of Halloween isn't bad, but I think I slightly prefer the original, and I'm actually not a punk fan. I was when I was young, though, before I morphed into a metalhead. AFI did a cover of the same song, which also isn't bad, but I personally think I could do it much better than any of them. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Joey - Wow, you know about Avenger... I'm surprised. They changed their name to RAGE, got Victor Smolski as their guitarist in 1999, and thanks to him, eventually became one of my favorite bands. I love Victor almost as much as I love Falconer's singer, which is saying a lot.

I'm slowly making my way through all the videos you posted while I was without internet service.

The Creepshow cover of Halloween isn't bad, but I think I slightly prefer the original, and I'm actually not a punk fan. I was when I was young, though, before I morphed into a metalhead. AFI did a cover of the same song, which also isn't bad, but I personally think I could do it much better than any of them. ;)
Hehe, I've been a fan of Rage for a very long time however I only discovered Avenger last year when I was searching for Halloween metal songs. Guess while I have been a fan of their music I never researched what they did before Rage. As for Falconer, they are indeed an awesome band with one of the best voices. I'm actually impressed with your taste in music as I have been on metal message boards for over 10 years and rarely came across any girls who share your taste in music. It was always the guys that were talking about bands like Rage & Falconer.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts