Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hi Larry. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just went to the following HF webpage looking for a Cave Rat and noticed that I had made several posts to that page. I was startled to notice that the photos that "appear" to be those I posted in my posts are NOT mine. Don't know who's photos they are but they did not come from my trip to Halloween City.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/90296-2010-halloween-sightings-stores-141.html

Last time I wrote you about my photos showing up missing in old shopping threads where I knew I had posted photos, I thought maybe it was just my album. I did discover however that others' posts on some of these old shopping threads were missing from other posters as well. I'm sure it doesn't just involve shopping threads but it was something I knew I had posted photos to.

Sorry for the bad news and clearly extra work. I hope you can put Humpty back together again.

GoS"

Sent the above comments to Larry. Just noticed this problem today with the switched photos (click link above and see Posts #1408 and beyond. Maybe you'll recognize your album photos there). The missing photos mentioned to Larry in Paragraph 2 above appeared after the recent website update. The photos were visible in my albums, but not showing up in the posts I had made.

As I said I don't think it's just photos linked to from my album. You guys might want to verify this with your own photos/albums/posts and post any comments here in one place for Larry. Curious how widespread the issue is. He had emailed me to say that he was working on the first issue I reported but now the mixed up photos are a new twist.

@@Larry, another thing I just noticed typing this post was I was trying to select text and colorize it, but it wouldn't let me do it.... I could select the text, go up to the colored type icon but when I clicked on a color it left the edit and jumped back down to the type, unselected and the color not applied.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
There was a major conversion on the site, however in order to attempt to fix any issue we may hopefully find out where those pics came from if not from your album. I need info to give to the author of this script in order to address. The issue seems to be specific to....????

With the color issue it is working. Do you use Internet Explorer? The new version disables a lot offeatures needed on many sites. I am working on finding a work around.
Please try this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10 to use compatibility mode.
or perhaps a different browser or close all browsers and try again.

If you are using a different one please let me know exactly what you are using.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The photos "attributed" to me on subsequent pages on that 2010 store thread aren't mine either.

However other's peoples post/photos are wrong as well, but not across the board:

1) Page 141, Post #1406 by Tumblindice, doubt that photo is of their groundbreaker.

2) Page 142, Post #1416 by me, gee any chance that workshop will materialize in my house? LOL. I could use a workshop!

3) On Page 142, Post #1419 of this thread has a post by Red supposedly of images from his Spectra Projector. The photo in Red's thread clearly is not that but of someone's BBQ haunt.

4) Now on Page 143, CaliforniaMelanie's Post #1428 photos DO seem to match her post. The photos supposedly by me above her post however, not mone.

I would have no idea who's photos that are mixed up came from who. Is there any kind of album tagging that gets done behind the scene that would identify the correct person?

I jumped back to Page 133, Post #1324 and not my photos from Walmart; Page 127, Post #1267 not mine; Page 129, Post #1289, not mine. Interestingly the photos I post on Page 1 and Page 2 are mine.

As you can tell the coloring is working right now. FYI, today I've been on my iPad with Safari.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts