Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this neat mermaid skeleton to practice corpsing on! My first ever corpsing project, so bare with me.

This is her so far.
Used heat gun + plastic sheets method. In the future I want to try the latex machè method, especially with a smaller project like this.

I haven't painted her yet, obviously. I am also planning on adding some hair eventually (any tips on that step?)

Ok, so I'm here to brag because I'm pretty proud of her, but also to ask for advice. I want to give her tail some fleshy "scales". I had an idea to shrink/melt on some mesh that I found, but I could not get that to work without fraying and becoming a huge mess so I tore it all off. Any ideas from yal?
As of now my only idea is to do it with machè and Kind of sculp the scales, but that is going to be very tedious and I'm definitely open to other ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE!

Mermaid has been painted! I used a dark brown wood stain. It's not sticking to the rubbery tail fluke very well, so I may have to use an acrylic paint on that part.

I decided to forgo the scales on the tail since I couldn't think of any way to do it well (was considering gluing sequins on, but decided that would be too tedious. I may still go that route in the future)

Pretty proud of her! Just need to add hair and find a cool way to display.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
She looks great! As for display ... do you have a really large sardine can anywhere? The kind with the key that rolls the metal back? That might be too mean, lol.

For scales, the only thing that comes to mind is using a paper punch to cut circles from thin plastic (milk jug?) and gluing them on. But that feels tedious to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts