Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you have one near by but you might be surprised to find they offer lots of Halloween decor.For those of you who don't know Menards is a home improvement store. You can look it up to find one near you. They already have a lot of their stuff out including a 6ft Gemmy animatronic butler (among other life sizes) I reeeealy must have for Market St. Manor.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you were ready to shop.

I've already been doing some good shopping because I work at a place called "The Halloween Store" for the last 4 years. I help set the store up work there for the season and pack up afterwards. So I get some good finds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been really disappointed in our Menards' selection this year. So far they don't even have half the stuff they have had in years past. I did see some cool things, but overall I'm really bummed. I keep hoping they will put out more, but I'm not holding my breath. It seems like it's been this way with all the stores so far for me though; Michael's, Menards, Gordmans...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know I was extremely disappointed in our Walmart selection the past 2 yrs. We have a new Super Walmart that is supposed to be one of the largest in the nation. They had some cheapie party favors and costumes mainly. I went to another Walmart while shopping in a nearby state and they had loads of cool stuff that ours didn't. Go figure.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
Our Menard's generally has a good Halloween display. I don't buy much, but I love to shop there. I Got the 6½ ft. foam skeleton four years ago. It's broke now, but I'm still using the head and torso for a Grim Reaper.

·
Registered
725 Posts
One of the great things about Menards is its clearance sales. It doesn't get hit as hard by clearance shoppers like the big superstores do. So usually by late november they have one aisle of stuff left at a silly price. I picked up a pirate sign last year priced at $35 for just $3.

Oh and to top it, they get spooky town stuff. Other than Michaels I can't think of another local store that carries them.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Really?? I never thought of them as having Hallow stuff. Good to know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts