Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stopped into Menards here in B/N and they're starting. Some cool new props & inflatables, the usual lights & decorations (though I didn't see any Fire & Ice style lights* (they might not have been put out yet either)), as well a few blowmolds. Ours is carrying limited Spooky Town; they only had the Bloody Belfry for 2016.

ETA: *They have the Fire & Ice Dragon inflatable ($199), but not the individual lights as far as I could see.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I so hope our Menards gets in Spooky Town. I was just in picking up some supplies a couple days ago and they had no Halloween, just back to school and summer clearance. I have to go back in tomorrow for some pvc, hopefully they have some Halloween merchandise out!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had quite a few people working on it, I was surprised. The mgr. said they had to wait until after back to school. Good bet they'll have it up or at least be starting it when you go in.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I so hope our Menards gets in Spooky Town. I was just in picking up some supplies a couple days ago and they had no Halloween, just back to school and summer clearance. I have to go back in tomorrow for some pvc, hopefully they have some Halloween merchandise out!
I know what you mean. Our Menards used to do a big Spooky town display. Last 2 years noting but the stuff they didnt sale the year before.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Stopped into Menards here in B/N and they're starting.
Woot! The Springfield store that I frequent had a good portion of their regular spot cleared, but still had BTS and summer clearance in it when I was there last week. I will have to check back...school may have started there already. It starts in our little town next week! I can't wait!!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol booswife02, and I stole it from somewhere else (it's been so long I don't remember where) so why not? :)

Def. keep checking LairMistress - it's coooooming!!

Yeah I fondly remember ours having a full Lemax layout on the eye-level shelf, down the entire aisle, fully set up with all the new pieces set up so you could see them in action. *sigh* I keep hoping they'll rework their contract with Lemax (or whomever supplies it for them) so they can have full inventory once again.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Our Menards was pretty well stocked! There was a couple empty sections yet but there was a lot out, including a Spooky Town display! I finally grabbed Wanda's Wicked Cupcakes! Can't wait to review it.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yay I'm glad you got a Cupcake Shadowbat, it's really cute! And man I'm so jealous of you guys getting a display :(

Given the display Godcrusher posted & Shadowbat's getting Wanda's Cupcakes, I wonder if Menards has a limited deal with Lemax for only certain items. Or maybe they're like Big Lots in that they only buy specific lots that contain certain buildings for everywhere.

I'm generally not into full-size props, but the ghoul in the hat & cape is really cool. Might wait & see if I can catch him on sale.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Def. keep checking LairMistress - it's coooooming!!
Did any of your stores up there ever have an actual mini haunt in it? I don't mean really sectioned off or darkened; I mean they took an area adjacent to the Halloween section, and decorated it so you could walk through it as you shopped for your seasonal goodies. It wasn't dark or particularly scary, but it was so cool. I went a few times a year, just to admire it (and wish it was all mine!).

I'm saddened that our stores don't do that anymore.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Did any of your stores up there ever have an actual mini haunt in it? I don't mean really sectioned off or darkened; I mean they took an area adjacent to the Halloween section, and decorated it so you could walk through it as you shopped for your seasonal goodies. It wasn't dark or particularly scary, but it was so cool. I went a few times a year, just to admire it (and wish it was all mine!).

I'm saddened that our stores don't do that anymore.

No, nothing like that at mine. Just standard seasonal aisles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Went to Menards in Columbia MO today and they had lots of stuff out. At least a dozen inflatables, including a 7 ft train and a 20 foot long snake! THey had orange and black plastic flamingos in a box, but none on display. Wonder if anyone has seen them set up and if they are worth the 14.99?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Went to Menards in Columbia MO today and they had lots of stuff out. At least a dozen inflatables, including a 7 ft train and a 20 foot long snake! THey had orange and black plastic flamingos in a box, but none on display. Wonder if anyone has seen them set up and if they are worth the 14.99?
I hear a lot of good things about the Mingos. I want a set myself lol.
They are made by the same company who made the classic pink ones. Well, they are made by Cado who owns Union products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts