Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi since I became a member some other members have said they can't start conversations with me. Is this a settings issue or is something else wrong?
I'm participating in the Christmas reaper. So I kinda need this to be fixed. Thanks again.
Thanks in advance for your help. V

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Hey there,

From what I can see in your profile and settings you should be able to receive messages from other users. Can you ask someone to attempt to begin a conversation with you and take a screenshot of where the error is? I'll continue to poke into settings along the way but seeing what errors they see may help me find the one switch that needs to be flipped,

Thanks,

Gerrit

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi since I became a member some other members have said they can't start conversations with me. Is this a settings issue or is something else wrong?
I'm participating in the Christmas reaper. So I kinda need this to be fixed. Thanks again.
Thanks in advance for your help. V
I'm pretty sure I started a conversation with you, at least I didn't get any error.

Maybe the privacy settings for messaging are causing an issue?

The choices for messaging are :
Members Only
People you follow
Nobody

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there,

From what I can see in your profile and settings you should be able to receive messages from other users. Can you ask someone to attempt to begin a conversation with you and take a screenshot of where the error is? I'll continue to poke into settings along the way but seeing what errors they see may help me find the one switch that needs to be flipped,

Thanks,

Gerrit
Thanks for the help Gerrit. Can you help me change my screen name?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received a conversation, today its working. But I have been told by other members that the box would go missing, the box that says start conversations, follow, etc. Not sure what's up.
So, when I first signed up I just used part of my email for a screen name and I thought I could just go into settings and change it out once I figured out what I wanted to use for my screen name. But I guess that's not the case. An admin would have to assist. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. VALERIE 🎃💀🧙‍♀️

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received a conversation, today its working. But I have been told by other members that the box would go missing, the box that says start conversations, follow, etc. Not sure what's up.
So, when I first signed up I just used part of my email for a screen name and I thought I could just go into settings and change it out once I figured out what I wanted to use for my screen name. But I guess that's not the case. An admin would have to assist. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. VALERIE 🎃💀🧙‍♀️

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Garrit, the post I received is from bethany ( the reaper queen) the thread title is 2019 christmas merry reaper. I try to copy & paste it here , wouldn't let me. Hope we can get it working , all the time. And get that screen name change as well. Thanks again for your help. Valerie

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Garrit, the post I received is from bethany ( the reaper queen) the thread title is 2019 christmas merry reaper. I try to copy & paste it here , wouldn't let me. Hope we can get it working , all the time. And get that screen name change as well. Thanks again for your help. Valerie
here is the post from bethany
will send you a pm with your victim. Shipping is by Dec. 12.. We so have a thread for your likes. I tried starting a conversation with you to answer questions but it said I couldn't for some reason. I hope you join us!😂

·
Administrator
626 Posts
here is the post from bethany
will send you a pm with your victim. Shipping is by Dec. 12.. We so have a thread for your likes. I tried starting a conversation with you to answer questions but it said I couldn't for some reason. I hope you join us!😂
I would suggest Bethany use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the site page or send a conversation (if she's able) to the admin account to report any technical issues that she might be having. This could be an issue with a specific browser or some other specific like that. That sounds especially likely by the mention of a box that 'goes missing.' Your settings appear to be right as long as you have it set to at least "Members Only".

Tess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts