Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the back (fortunately) of the new Remus Lupin stone we made this year. We've been setting our graveyard up for years and this never happened before - we must have just put this one in the wrong spot. Sunlight reflected off a window and melted the foam away. Anyone else ever had this problem or are we just lucky ;)?

Grass Plant

Caught in the act...
Tree Plant Grass Wood Trunk

This is the offending window. At least the rotating moon is never at rest low enough to be damaged - it's only 1" thick. Sorry for the sideways pics.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I've never had that happen, but it's crazy the things that can mess with foamcore! At least it was on the backside of the stone! I find that dings and dents and such end up giving the stones "character" after a while (at least that's what I tell myself when it happens! :D)

Registered
Some haunters have also been experiencing fading where the paint washes-out and the foam starts to show through. Regarding your melting problem I've had similar problems with my neighbors "low-e" coated windows reflecting sunlight into my planter beds and super-heating my plants till they die. It seems that may have happened with your prop. You can try coating with a layer or two of drywall spackle/exterior latex paint (monster mud) then finishing with a coat of exterior latex paint over that. I used this process on my tombstones and they withstood heavy rain and my neighbors reflected sunlight without any damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.