Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had purchased a Mehron RMG pallette a while back and have not had to much luck when it comes to working with it. The standard colors like red, blue and green seem to apply fine, but the flesh tones seem very dense. They seem to be so dense that the makeup sponge doesn't want to pick them up and foam latex doesn't seem to want to accept them either. Any ideas or tips for why this is happening ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know much at all about the Mehron RMG paint, but I have the .... well I'm drawing a blank on the brand name...starts with a G I think...anyway, the RMG paint that I have can be kind of thinned down with 99% alcohol. I couldn't find that percent alcohol around here, so I had to order it from Amazon. I think the 91% alcohol might work, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the alcohol will thin it down some so that the sponge will pick it up. Mehron may or may not work the same way.
Scoop a little out to a separate mixing board and add the alcohol there, in case of problems.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "dense"...do you mean the color has congealed or solidified into a sticky mass instead of being smooth and creamy/pasty? If so, then those colors may have gotten old, but the alcohol, as mentioned above, may reactivate them somewhat.

The castor oil in RMG can have a tendency to congeal after the makeup is in storage for a year or two...

Some people will mix castor oil and 99% alcohol together ("castorhol") and use that as a thinner, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts