Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a great gag I came up with this a while ago. I found this megaphone in the dumpster (I spend a lot of time in dumpsters). The built-in microphone was shot, so I wired in a 1/4" jack for an external mic. Then I had another idea, to use a remote microphone. So I had to install a switch so I could turned on for continous duty and walk away.

This halloween I hid it in the bushes some distance from the house but where I could see the trick~or~treaters coming. I starded to just whisper "over here, over here". It was fun to watch them stop and look around, then when they got closer to the bush, I'd then yell and scare the jeebers out them. It's a30 watt megaphone and is loud.

The possibilities are endless; you could use it in a prop and talk to people as they walk by. It's and easy project, build one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Always a fun gag!

I actually have a portable PA system with wireless mics. I hide in the shadows and give the kids a little start as they pass by. This year it was in the grim reaper.

Had a Ninja proclaim "I'm not scared!" as he boldly strutted up my front walk. Right as he got near the reaper I gave a booming "BOO!". I thought he was going to jump right out of his costume.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wish I could find a megaphone in a dumpster....

Cool idea, maybe you could have a prop holding it and "yelling" at the TOTS.

E

·
Registered
14 Posts
This startle gag is awesome, I used it as part of my yard haunt this past year. The only thing is i used a CB set hooked up to an stereo speaker, i had two dummies siting in a bench that you had to walk by. i would watch the TOT from a closed circuit security camera system that bought and when sombody would walk by the dummies would talk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I found this at the local Thirft store for $1.00 and used it on a wireless remote power strip from Wal-greens, make that high pitch sound like a house alarm, just not all that loud.

there is a control to change the speed of the pulse.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I hide it in the bushes at the end of drive way, at the foot of the ScareCrow greeter next to lights, and would fire it off as the TOTs left to go to the next house. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts