Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although he is not yet complete, I'm pretty proud of this little guy. Once I get my filthy paws on some burlap and eyes, Jed here will be a scarecrow. The vision I have is of him coming off his perch to come getcha! I will post the complete product on down the line, but for now here's where the little fella is :)

002.jpg

003.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was actually thinking some florescent paint would show up nicely with my black light. . . I Iook forward to finishing him.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jed's looking pretty creepy so far. I like his teeth. Are you planning to leave them like that?
Thanks! His teeth will remain the same. I originally had just a blackened mouth in mind, but then along came this happy accident with the hemp string :). The outer layer will be stitched up burlap, and I'm adding florescent (maybe even glow in the dark, still toying with that detail, honestly) painted eyes. Here is a basic composite sketch of what I have in mind for the head anyway. . . I'm in the process of redesigning the body to better fit my revised vision. (He was going ot be quite basic in the beginning; then he had to go getting a personality on me. . . Lol).

Now, without further ado, the sketch what started this bloomin' business to begin with:

001.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here's a thought. In it's current state along with a nice suit on a frame, having it peeking out from behind a tree and have a strobe light go off occasionally it would make a really good Slenderman style prop. I know there's no mouth on Slenderman, but everyone is entitled to their own artistic interpretation.

But Atomic Mystery Monster is correct!

You know you've got a winner on your hands when the unfinished face gives people the creeps! I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope. They're just a plain old ping pong ball quartered. I cut a hole in the face with a ledge for em to sit on, and cemented em in place with paper clay. . . I've go some florescent green paint that should glow nicely when I hit it with a black-light. . . With this particular setup, LEDs just aren't practical. I do have them in earlier props, where all I have to do is pull away a few plastic bags, and bam! I can do the maintenance I need to em. Lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thanks you kind person. . . I'm not entirely happy with the eyes, but I think a few more coats of florescent paint should fix that :)

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice job, jetskijigsaw. That is looking really cool. I like your new avatar of the goblin from Legend, too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
10 Participants
jetskijigsaw84
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing