Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfreind and I have been viewing your posts for the last year or so. Last year we thru our first big halloween party and it was a hit. We have since decided to make it an anual thing....people are already getting excited about what we will do this year. So this is our first "big" project and we have several more in works already. We have gained a lot of inspiration from this site....hope this can inspire others. Enjoy.

Attachments

Registered
Looks evil. :)

Registered
Hey hitman... I am trying to finish up my scarecrow today, because mine relies on rebar on the bottom and sides of the scarecrow... I am trying to work on a root systom that goes over the bottom to cover the rebar, but that can come off as well so it still looks like it is growing out of the ground. While I am in the middle of that process now, I am wondering how you did your root systom. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used chicken wire/fencing and shaped it into the shape i wanted...attaching each individual root and attatching to the base. Once I had all the roots together in a skeleton form i covered each one with black plastic trash bags in a twisting way...attaching from the top and twisting it all the way down to the end. Use a heat gun and starting at the top (base/rebar) start heat shrinking it all the way down. you can tighten up or loosen up the twist to get your desired affect. At the end of the root i twisted very tight and let the heat gun sit in one spot until it melted thru the plastic giving it a point. Do this with each root and then use more plastic bags to fill in the gaps. Then cover with a couple coats of under coating and whatever paint colors you want.

Good luck! Tree Plant Root

1 - 10 of 10 Posts