Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I finally decided to go as Medusa....I bought my snakes for my hair......I know what I am doing for my makeup...now I only need to know how to dress. Any thoughts? I have searched internet for Pictures but did not come across alot of ideas.....I have nothing in my own closet that would work and thought I could pick something up at a second hand shop...but would like to have some different ideas before I head to the stores.

Thanks in advance,

Molly

·
Registered
291 Posts
My wife is Medusa this year, I tried finding dresses at Goodwill and such, she ended up buying an "Egyptian Princess" dress (Black & Gold, could be any era) and we are going to add the hair snakes/jewelry and green LED's for her hair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Medusa is a creature from ancient Greek mythology so I would say dressing in the style of an ancient Greek woman would be the most appropriate. Try this website for how to make a "chiton" which is what women wore in ancient Greece:

Greek Dress

You can do this as a "no sew" and have it done in 5 minutes...easy easy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hehe...no argument indeed!! My wife wanted me to look in to doing a Medusa costume for her this year so making her a chiton is what I had planned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well all of these ideas are good but I ended up just trying to find something in my closet. I did have a black halter dress it is fairly long and went to the fabric store and bought some black and gold material to add to the dress. I also bought some gold rope and tying it around my waist. It will have to do...on a buget this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts