Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
I assume they are going to be attached to a headband, are you putting any sort of wire in any so some can be bent and "move" around when you walk? Floral wire would be light weight and its already green.
They look great by the way!

Ghouls Rule
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume they are going to be attached to a headband, are you putting any sort of wire in any so some can be bent and "move" around when you walk? Floral wire would be light weight and its already green.
They look great by the way!
Yes, I have tested floral wire and compared to pipe cleaners bendability and liked the floral wire best. Everything is suuuuper lightweight. The headband is part of the base but its going to be a whole "thing". This is my Egyptian headdress and the Medusa one will be even more elaborate. So not just a headband 馃槣

Registered
Yes, I have tested floral wire and compared to pipe cleaners bendability and liked the floral wire best. Everything is suuuuper lightweight. The headband is part of the base but its going to be a whole "thing". This is my Egyptian headdress and the Medusa one will be even more elaborate. So not just a headband 馃槣 View attachment 748574
That Looks fantastic, cant wait to see the end result!

Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
Kitty vibe...how clever to use the mesh!! Genius. I have to make a forest,"viney" kind of costume, and wondering what material to use for the vines that I would be able to walk and sit. You may have answered my question! This is so fabulous! What are the snake heads made of?

Ghouls Rule
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for delay! 馃槣 Work kept me busy busy. I actually got to add the snakes too but I need to do minor touch ups on some broken teeth. And I can model the current WIP once I do that, hopefully tomorrow late night.

The cowl and main snake upon the forehead is whats left to do. I didn't like the snake pattern I did and its also taking forever to dry. So the last parts may take a bit to sort out.

Hopefully I can have this done by next week at the latest as I have a ton of other props to build and make costumes for my Mythology theme 馃槄

Ghouls Rule
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kitty vibe...how clever to use the mesh!! Genius. I have to make a forest,"viney" kind of costume, and wondering what material to use for the vines that I would be able to walk and sit. You may have answered my question! This is so fabulous! What are the snake heads made of?
I cant take credit for the mesh but I used foam clay to make my snake heads. They weigh next to nothing so its ideal material for on your head 馃榿.

I used a hard rubber snake with a head about the size to fit the crin mesh tube so it looks proportionate.

Then made a push mold of both the top and bottom using oven bake clay. Dust with baking soda and push lil bits of the foam clay in. That part was tricky to get a good enough impression, if I had to do ot again Id make the mold a bit shallower .

Made the tongue and teeth with the cheap crayola crap foam clay , I wouldn't use it again as it breaks too easy. The stuff I made the snakes with are for making cosplay armor ( got from Hobby Lobby) and is what I recommend for all bits/ parts.

Ghouls Rule
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Current progress, work delayed me ugh, got one last thing to create and add to forehead and this bad boy will be complete. Its massive and I have to go sideways through doors lol. Very lightweight.
Headgear Hat Art Cool Costume hat
Eyelash Green Lipstick Temple Headgear

Organism Christmas ornament Christmas decoration Plant Terrestrial plant

Ghouls Rule
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally finished and Im really happy with the results. Its huge and I have to go sideways through narrow doors, lol.
Lip Photograph Eyebrow Eye Eyelash

Eyelash Makeover Yellow Headgear Smile

Chin Hairstyle Eye Lipstick Eyelash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts