Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were sitting watching an Unsolved Mysteries episode on day when my mother told a story she has never said before. I kinda freaked me out. My mother told about a relative that had a child that his body never grew. My mothers aunt had a child that lived 21 years. She cared for him as a child all his life. His body never grew but his head did. She had to change his diaper and also shaved him. He could not speak or walk. My mother saw him when she was a child and it freaked her out. She had never spoken of that ever before then. I haven't looked for any illness that would cause this kind of deformaty and could not bring myself to look. The internet as we all know is full of stuff that really should never be viewed. LOL I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything such as this illness. After his death years ago government officals came to the mother and asked to purchase his body for research. I told my mother if they wanted it they have it. She declined their offer. I had wanted to look on the internet and have a pretty strong stomach but just could not bring myself to look for fear of what I would find or have to look through. Of course this is a story told to me and not anything I witnessed.

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Wow, what a scary yet interesting story! As a teenager, my psychology teacher brought us to the county psychaitric center for a tour. The center also served as a state run home for the mentally ill and those w/ other conditions. I remember seeing a young man in a wheelchair with a truly giant head and very small, almost childlike body. One of the orderlies told us this person had hydrocephalus (sorry about the spelling) and also some other maladies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts