Halloween Forum banner

Medical/hospital theme

17K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  HauntedDiva 
#1 ·
We do a halloween party every year but this year we wanted to do more of a theme through out the house. We want to do a medical/hospital theme. Does anyone have ideas for the invitations? Any ideas for decor/props are appreicated!

#4 ·
To repeat pd I've seen people use test tubes, tor tags, invites that look like body bags, syringes.
You can probably use anything that you would find in a hospital. invites that look like blood splattered white lab coats, or a small box that looks like a morgue's drawer.

#5 ·
go medical

medical theme is great...i have tons of hospital supply,,,from hospital throw outs and vintage medical sites... you can get a hospital friend to get some. we always have an autopsy and a mad scientist lab...as one doc reminded me "you can use many items for an autopsy"...he suggested a fork! we use aquarium bubblers for lab fluids and put alot of bloody scissors, forceps etc around and always a body bag in the tub with blood on the shower curtain and dissection manuals on the sink, etc. have fun!

#10 ·
One great favor or something to include with the invite is a syringe pen. My SO found a site to order them from, can't remember what it is, but you may be able to google it. You can buy them in bulk, like 25 or 50. We gave them out last year to all our guests when it came time to vote for the costume contest.

But as others have said, any kind of glassware, syringes, strange utensils, silver trays, tubing, etc, its all good. Another place to go for more equipment is American Science & Surplus. We've been able to get some great stuff off of there. If you also have a local pharmacy (Mom and Pop style) near a hospital, they could have some things in there that can be useful. We've lucked out there a few times in our town. And even at craft stores, there are plenty of glass jars or vials or even candle holders that can become great specimen containers.

Hope that helps!

#11 ·
If you need to get in the atmospheric mood, the Silent Hill video games have excellent creepy hospital scenes, and this guy:

http://www.oboylephoto.com/ruins/

has some truly spooky pictures of abandoned hospitals and asylums for inspiration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.