Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just an update on our monster box. We finally got the mechanics working right and now it's just some painting, timing, and finding a werewolf mask (no one seems to sell them in this city lol), and it will be ready for the big night. Post your comments good or bad and let me know what you think :D

Video

Pictures

Internals 1

View attachment 13129

Internals 2

View attachment 13130

Internals 3

View attachment 13131

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are too many really cool props coming out, almost makes me feel ashamed of this now lol. No not ashamed but definitely inspired for next year. Good work everyone I can't wait until Nov 1 to see how everyone's haunts turned out :D

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
That's a cool MIB, never feel ashamed, there are those that wish they could do what you did ! We all have our levels & learned, inspired & improved as we've gone, so be proud of what you did, I think it came out great !!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great MITB, can you tell me what the thing in the upper left corner of pictures 1 and 2 is ?

Thanks

Phil :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think that's a great MIB! How are you going to use the mask? Will you attach it to the lid so it looks like his head is pushing the lid up?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Looks great and I'm sure it will be a hit on the big night. Unfortunately, I have no clue what any of that stuff is from the first two pics.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a cool MIB, never feel ashamed, there are those that wish they could do what you did ! We all have our levels & learned, inspired & improved as we've gone, so be proud of what you did, I think it came out great !!
Thanks Dark lord, I'm just glad I can finally get into prop building and especially glad I found this site, I've gotten a lot of good help from good people.

Great MITB, can you tell me what the thing in the upper left corner of pictures 1 and 2 is ?

Thanks

Phil
Thanks Phil that is a 12V linear actuator (or more commonly a 12V ram) I only used it because my Dad happened to have one in his shop, next year I'm going all pneumatic as the actuators are about 5 - 6 times more expensive.

I think that's a great MIB! How are you going to use the mask? Will you attach it to the lid so it looks like his head is pushing the lid up?
We're going to attach a stuffed mask with ping pong led lit eyes (hopefully if I can ever find some bloody ping pong balls < a bunch of the kids around here just discovered beer pong). We're also going to put a hand in and make it look like the hand is pushing the lid up that way it looks better and hides the mechanics that I'm so proud of lol.

Looks great and I'm sure it will be a hit on the big night. Unfortunately, I have no clue what any of that stuff is from the first two pics.
Thanks, I hope it will be! I explained the ram, the other things are a wiper motor, a relay (the clear little box on the side), a timer ( the big yellow box on the wall) and the power supply for the 12V devices.

Awesome , Maybe put a fogger in instead of a mask?
Not this year unfortunately, but if all goes well this will turn into a Werewolf in a box next year and will have a fogger that will fill the box and come out the wolfs nostrils.

Thanks for the comments everyone, now it's time to go to the drawing board for a PVC dummy I want to make I'm running out of time lol.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,770 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts