Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this before? I want to have a skeleton actual climb up and down my house, not be static like other displays. He would be surrounded by others but one would actually move up and down.I did find a tutorial on Youtube involving a spider that used a deer motor. This was more crude than I am planning.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have seen one from an online supplier but I have to research the source. They have videos on how the skeleton moves without giving too much away, but it may give you an idea. I will look for the source. I know it was a Halloween supplier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Alright I looked around. It was a video...

This is the company's site, but I couldn't find the pirates.
Hope it helps!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It would probably be easier to have it on fishing line (or similar thin/small cord) and use motor to raise lower it, then use another motor in skeleton to move arms/legs to make it look like it is climbing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hope it helps!
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
408 Posts

Hope it helps!
Look, but don't buy from ScareFactory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you look closely at the climbing pirate. You can see he has a second rope that it probably actually moving him up & down. His hands & feet just slide over the rope he's supposedly climbing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Seems like this would be very complex to pull off. Maybe you should consider having some of the skellys hanging (and swinging) from a gutter or one skelly hanging on to the arm of another trying to keep him from falling? This would be easier to design and would add some humor to your display.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One draw back to the skeletons generally available (under $100) Is that their joints don't move in a full range. Hard sometimes to get them to move in the way you want them to. I've run into this where it just won't take the pose I want. Their movements are actually quite limited. I've done "surgery" on some joints. But even that was rather limited change. That said, if you made it a limited like having him go up 3-4 feet. Then slide back down to the starting point & repeat. Would add some humor to it & make things easier on you to design & execute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts