Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Hope everyone's party planning is going well. I am scrambling because between working 45 hours a week and trying to do all of my other stuff I am committed to it's getting crazy!

Anyway, I sat down this morning and planned my party menu, finally. As usual I found lots of sweet recipes but not as many savory recipes that I found appealing. I know a lot of you use meatballs in your menus so I was hoping someone could give me a recipe for them? Or even if you just use the pre-cooked kind - what's the best brand?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I use this recipe:
Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Balls - Appetizers
They need no sauce or garnish - they are fantastic all by themselves (shhh, you don't have to use that brand sausage!)

I pile them in a trifle bowl and label them goblin brains...

If you have a chopper (I have one that is really fast for chopping/mincing), it's really quick to prepare, too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these both sound really good - thanks! :)

Registered
EASY MEATBALLS!!! (and SOOO dang good!)

1-2 packages of frozen meatballs
1 can of cranberry sauce (with or without cranberries)
1 can Bavarian sauerkraut (YES...get the Bavarian type)
1 jar chili sauce (ya gotta look for it....it's there in the store trust me)
1/2 cup brown sugar

After you pour this into the crock pot, fill up the jar that had the chili sauce in it with water and add it. Stir a little. Let simmer and stir occasionally. The cranberry jelly will "melt" and it will be ok.....really.

"O" to the "M" to the "G"!!!!!!! OMG it's good!

Registered
Hi,

I make these every year, as well for other occasions, and there is never any left.

1-2 bags of frozen pre-made meatballs- regular not italian
1-2 cans of crushed/ diced pineapple bits
b*b*q* sauce, brown sugar & mustard to taste.

Place pineapple, bbq sauce, brown sugar & mustard in a crock pot until warm and mixed well then throw in meatballs, turn on let & let "simmer" for a couple of hours.

Super easy & yummy!

Registered
Hi,

I make these every year, as well for other occasions, and there is never any left.

1-2 bags of frozen pre-made meatballs- regular not italian
1-2 cans of crushed/ diced pineapple bits
b*b*q* sauce, brown sugar & mustard to taste.

Place pineapple, bbq sauce, brown sugar & mustard in a crock pot until warm and mixed well then throw in meatballs, turn on let & let "simmer" for a couple of hours.

Super easy & yummy!
MMMMmmmmmm!!! Sounds a lot like my recipe but substituting pineapple for cranberries sauce. I HAVE to try this!!!!

Registered
Mine is similar
frozen meatballs(lg bag from costco)
2 large cans enchilada sauce
3 reg size cans of jellied cranberry sauce

I heat up the enchilada and cranberry sauce till combined and then pour it all over the meatballs in the crockpot. Then I just keep it on low at the party so they are always hot and they taste great. Never any left!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the ideas, guys! These all sound so good! It's going to be hard to decide which to make ;)

Don't Drink and Fly!!
I use a large bag of Italian style meatballs from Costco, a large jar of grape jelly and a couple bottles of Heinz chili sauce. Put all in crockpot for a couple hours before the party. There are never any left at the end of the night (so I always have to make them again for the family ;) )

P.S. Guests have started asking: "are you making your meatballs?" :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts